What will LenDale have to do to get paid by the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 7, 2009.

?
  1. Same performance as last season (800 yds, 15 TDs).

16 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. Same as '07 (1,100 yds, 7 TDs).

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. At least 1,200+ yds and 10+ TDs.

16 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. The best he'll get is a short-term offer for backup money.

16 vote(s)
    24.2%
  5. They won't try to keep him.

15 vote(s)
    22.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

LenDale White is 20 pounds lighter and saying the right things.

What do you think it'll take for the Titans to want to sign him to a long-term deal?

2. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Fly with the pigs.

The Titans drafted Javon Ringer for one reason: to replace Lendale White if he asks for more money than their willing to spend on RB2.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

1200 Yards... 12 or more TDs... and a winning attitude.. anything less and hes not gettin paid.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Kill Chris Johnson.

• High Five High Five x 7
  5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I think he needs to have a big season to get a long term deal from the Titans. He's already done enough to generate a good deal of interest from other teams if he hits the market, and he's still a young back. If Lendale has a big year and shows he's more than just a speller for Johnson then I think the Titans will lock him up long term. Otherwise our value on him won't match a RB starved team.

6. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

it would be interesting to see what happens with him, i'd be sad to see him go, but he is expendable..Something tells me he may end up in NO reunited with reggie bush after this year...

7. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

If we did decide to let White go, could we get anything for him as far as a trade goes? a pick or two maybe?

8. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

i just dont think we retain him, he'll be wantin gtoo much money and the titans wont pay that for a backup. Well at least not 2 backups(young)

9. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

There's a "catch 22" involved here that will likely see Len Dale leaving after the season. Consider: if he plays his butt off this year, his stock will rise to the point where the Titans won't be able to pay as much as other teams desperate for an effective runner. But if he has an average year the Titans will have little incentive to keep him, unless LenDale were willing to settle for a 1 year deal close to the league minimum.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i was going to say wait until chris johnson gets hurt, but that works too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar