What will LenDale have to do to get paid by the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 7, 2009.

?
  1. Same performance as last season (800 yds, 15 TDs).

16 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. Same as '07 (1,100 yds, 7 TDs).

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. At least 1,200+ yds and 10+ TDs.

16 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. The best he'll get is a short-term offer for backup money.

16 vote(s)
    24.2%
  5. They won't try to keep him.

15 vote(s)
    22.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

What? you dont like CJ and Ringer? you never wore Tommy gear?

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I wore Tommy gear in 4th or 5th grade. I hope to God that you don't still sport it.

3. jessestylex

i have a whole outfit thats half red and blue. i wear it about every week. and i have over 30 pcs of Tommy clothing i wear weekly. including a wrist band when i play basketball at the park.

4. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

jesse owns you guys.... srsly

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

Nothing

Of course he does....... in the Bizarro World.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

hahahahaha awesome

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Tagging lendale for next year is not out of the question. This years tag for RBs is $6.6M and will be $7M probably next year. So roughly $6M more than what lendale counts against the cap this year. Since it is only for one year we might do it if the cap room is there.

$7M is not insane for a guy playing for a contract. especially if there are injury issues with CJ at all and ringer doesn't impress.

We probably will have the cap rom to do that for one year.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Let's remember there will be about $50M in cap room next year and our free agent starters make up $38M of that. The cost to sign many of these guys will not be much more or any more than their current cap hit.

For example keith bulluck counts $9M against the cap this year. Whatever contract we give him it will not count that much next year.

KVB counts $6.5M this year. I doubt of they are going to offer him any more than that in a new contract or extension.

Combine scaife-harper-kearse-crumpler that's a combined cap hit of $16M and those guys will not be here in 2010.

9. jessestylex

Dave Ball is the man. He will make big strides next season.

10. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

I could see Len Dale being tagged under the that scenario.

DE Kyle Vanden Bosch or LB Keith Bulluck would also be prime candidates for the tag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar