What will LenDale have to do to get paid by the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 7, 2009.

?
  1. Same performance as last season (800 yds, 15 TDs).

16 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. Same as '07 (1,100 yds, 7 TDs).

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. At least 1,200+ yds and 10+ TDs.

16 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. The best he'll get is a short-term offer for backup money.

16 vote(s)
    24.2%
  5. They won't try to keep him.

15 vote(s)
    22.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Based on my poll vote I would say that LenDale must show the team that they are not the same without him. He needs to show them; with him they'll get 30+ rushing TD's, and without him they're less effective running. Pretending he isn't concerned about the money might help to, because we all know the Titans wont pay huge money for something average. I like the 'Smash & Dash' effect in Tennessee. I hope he stays, that is if he is as good if not better.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

KVB will not be a candidate for the tag, he'd be way too expensive.

3. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Absolutely correct. I would argue the same holds for Keith next year...

4. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

To tag him would mean paying him more than his market value, but it's in the realm of possibility. Right now we have no way of knowing what our needs will be next off season.

No one is counting on anything from Kearse past this year. Ford, Ball and Hayes may or may not provide anything more than depth at end. And we didn't draft anyone at DE, so no one is coming behind those guys.

When you think about how important rushing the QB is, and acknowledge that KVB is our best pass rusher when healthy, I can see a situation where the Titans would be compelled to tag KVB if he gets healthy again and we are unable re-sign him to a multi year contract.

5. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Some linebacker or DE that is subpar is going get paid alot of money that shouldnt. It happens every year and unfortunately it's going to set the bar for players like KVB and KB to use as leverage which usually doesnt benefit the Titans. KB and KVB both seem like players that would take the "home discount" if its in their respectable price range but then again you never know.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

If we do not get a cba agreement he will be restricted all players will for 6 years. We drafted Ringer to replace Lendale he is gone,if we get a cba. Best we could hope for is a good year and a compensatory pick the next year from the league. I wont miss him one bit.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's certainly possible, meaning that we could technically do it, but I think it's highly unlikely. It's just not like this team to spend 13 million for a year on one player who isn't a QB. Scaife's franchising makes sense because it's such a low-money position. I think KVB is going to get his deal worked out before the season starts, once the team has enough evidence that he's healthy and back to full speed, specifically because of how much it would cost to tag him or compete for him in free agency. I also think that KVB is likely to take a reasonable deal before the seaon. He's seen the risks and costs of injury, and had the Titans take a chance on him when others wouldn't. I think if the money is reasonable, he takes it and stays.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Titans would spend a first round pick at RB before they put a franchise tag on LenDale. That idea is laughable to me.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Lendale will really have to impress this year to remain a Titan. I don't see that happening.

10. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

he can start by not going to the golden corral anymore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar