What will Merril Hoge Say?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You can agree with Hoge all you want.

He's still wrong.

This coming from someone that was WITH him when he first discussed VY. I hated on VY more than anyone. What happened? He proved me wrong. He's become servicable. He's become a reliable QB. The only problem with Vince Young is...
    Jeff Fisher.
    Jeff Fisher wanted Matt Lienart- yet another failed evaluation of talent on his part. He changes the playbook to try and make other QBs on the team look better than VY. He looks for the smallest excuse to bench him for worse QBs. He's clearly got an agenda against Vince... for whatever reason. He is a USC alum... I'm sure that doesn't help matters.

Vince has done nothing but get better. He proved me wrong. He proved Hoge wrong. And now Hoge is going to use him being justifiably pissed at Fisher to make his original case? "He's limited"... Yeah- because of the COACH, idiot. The reason he's in this current mess.
    Remember when everyone said Vick couldn't throw? Hmmm... looks like that one is laid to rest now that he's in a system with targets and allowed to make plays. Vince needs the same...and he'd probably get the same results.

At least Dilfer's argument about toughness makes sense and holds weight. Hoge is just an idiot trying to pretend he was right when he argued something totally different at first.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I must have missed some VY wins. Did we beat Washington? Did VY lead the Titans to a win against the fish? Did the Titans beat the bolts?

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Those aren't really good examples. If Vince was allowed to play against Miami or Washington like he wanted they could have been wins.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

VY was allowed to start against the Steelers, and he sucked...

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

VY started against the skins and he became checkdown charley. Moss was running alone a few time in the first half and VY was not even looking towards him at all - just as an example of VY not playing winning ball.

Then there is the recent regression in VYs ballcontrol. All of a sudden he is Mr. Fumble. I am quite sure he has been taught how to carry a football yet VY treats it like it has the aids on it.

6. Hoffa

VY did look to Moss wide open in the endzone and threw it over his head higher than a Collins pitch to the 3rd row...

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

He wasn't that bad..he had 2 misreads but outside of that he played great. You do not pull your starting QB in the first half of a close game after 2 ints. That's a point where you let him finish out the game and see if he can turn it around.

8. Hoffa

He WAS that bad...I agree putting Collins in was not a recipe for victory, but VY was sucking, not "just winning" as previously reported...

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

A quote from Merril Hodge 5 mins after the Vince Young Meltdown
    Hodge: Nana nana boo boo I told you so.
    Young Fan: Shut up Merril Hodge
    Hodge: I told you Young woould suck. He is the worst player of all time!
    Young Fan: Alright I get it
    Hodge: Your just mad I'm right
    Young Fan: Well your mad because your named after an fat, aquatic mouse off Pokemon

Was it funny... not really; but it made me smile

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I was just as POed as all you VY homers when kfc was put in against the stoolers. VY started that debacle he should have had to finish it off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar