What would firing robishskie actually do

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanBruce

TitanBruce Special Teams Standout

What grinds my gears is terry sits in the box looking at our execution and opponents defence looking for weak areas and we end up running the same plays over and over. He was even interviewed saying he doesn' make adjustments because they'l break. I can't remember seeing it break once this season. If Henry wasn't our "4th quarter maker" we would be 2 games at least added to losses and that was just down to shear luck no doubt about it.

Not saying Henry ain't capable of being our 1st rb as demarco is 50 50 on game day how he is gonna peform (being generous) but our scheme favours Murray's running style from last year.

So getting rid of Terry would be the start of getting some fresh play calling out the book but bigger picture Mike's scheme sucks and he favours tight ends so if we had 3 delainies on the field we would be unstoppable.

Anyone remember the supernaw touchdown. Whats the chances that would work again.

2. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

So mula jets been dissatisfied with robiskie style all year and still has him calling plays without forcing a change on him then huh.... even worse

4. kenny

kenny Starter

I see this a lot from fans, but it makes no sense to me..... Robiskie is not a good OC that is for sure. However, he is running Mularkey's plays, running Mularkey's game plan every week. He is getting Mularkey's input on nearly every play he calls. Mularkey said himself: "Terry & I communicate on every play. Even Jason puts in his input. We don't just run what one person wants to run. There is a lot of input to what we run." Mularkey is running this show. This is his system. There is no way that Robiskie is not calling what Mularkey wants/expects on game day.

Even if Robiskie is fired, and he should be; I do not think it makes any difference. This system is Mularkey's. The plays & calling is not changing under a new OC. This is Mularkey's offense. He constantly says, "They need to execute better." Basically saying: My system works if these stupid players will do what I say....... The offense we are running this year is not the same as last years' offense. We run tight formations every play. We rarely ever send more than 2 men on routes. Last year we had outlets for Marcus to go to if a play broke down. Now those outlets are being kept in to block......

Until Mularkey goes this is our offense. We can change the OC.... We can blame the horrid play calling..... Nothing is going to be different until we do not have that control freak Mularkey over the entire system. It's great that he changed the culture of the locker room. It needed it. However, that is his ceiling. It is time to move on from this HC & find some one who can take the talent we have & put them in position to succeed.

• High Five High Five x 7
  5. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

I think if we can sprinkle in different plays here and there than maybe it could work? I dont know... I dont think the formations are the only issue here...

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

The formations are certainly a big issue...We have one dimensional on offense, and we can’t even do that right.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Titans back to basics in effort to solve 'very fixable' offensive struggles

“That’s a simple play,” Robiskie said. “And maybe that’s just, as opposed to having six plays that you’re going to run, three to the right and three to the left, let’s take that one play and go run that play six times. Let’s go back to the fundamentals of that one play and run it six times.”

Yeah that sounds like the solution. Am I in an alternate universe right now? I can’t believe what I’m reading.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  8. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

This what happens when you have a staff that doesn’t hold themselves accountable for poor scheming or playcalling. Instead the blame keeps being put on player execution.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Terry isn't throwing the bad passes, hiking the ball low, dropping the ball, causing false starts, getting blown up at the line, nor missing field goals.
    He still needs to go, but some things are not his fault.

10. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Its not as crazy as some people tend to think... alot of OCs will continue calling the same play. I was reading the Texans forums the other day and people were criticzing OBrien for the samething. Repeatly “calling the same play over and over againl”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar