What would it cost us to sign Justin Houston?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 7, 2015.

?
  1. Hell yea!

32 vote(s)
    76.2%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You know Im still not sure where I stand on both the top QB's. Mariota looks like a leader we could concur the world with, but Whisenhunt's stubbornness negates that so that leaves me wonder WTF to think of him as a Titan. I also dont like that he plays only out of shotgun, but that seems to be the trend in the NFL so maybe its a moot point.

But if Whiz will work around his players I like Mariota, Winston (Im looking passed the silly off the field things) and Leonard Williams.

My non-QB list is
    Leonard Williams
    Dante Fowler Jr (the more I see the more I like)
    Amari Cooper

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Really like Williams and Cooper as the two players if we don't go OLB. As far as OLB, Fowler and Dupree are my two guys. They are very similar. Fowler is a bit more explosive and Dupree is a bit more well rounded. Senior Bowl and Combine will help differentiate.

3. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Levetrie was the most sought after FA agent at his position too, and we see how that worked out.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

We should not stretch just to sign a hot Free agent. We need to spread money at several positions.

5. JCBRAVE

We still could. With 40 mil we can sign 3 big names and a handful of role players

6. theShoemaker

theShoemaker Starter

The Titans need to go for the big fish. No more relying solely on 2nd and 3rd tier free agents. A team full of average players are going to be a below average team as you can see from the last few years. The best teams have multiple great players on each side of the ball.

Now I'm not saying this is going to happen all in one off-season but you have to build up to it. Draft smart and sign smart. I'm tired of signing has beens and projects. It's time to go out and get a big time free agent.

7. JCBRAVE

We need to use Free Agency as it was intended to be used. FA allows bad teams to become good teams by paying a premium. If that's the only bad thing about paying for talent then what the hell are we waiting for? March can't come soon enough.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

I agree. Need to make a splash in FA to get fan base back. Would love Houston or Suh but we have to get a NT like Knighton or Williams to keep them clean. Houston has Poe in KC so we would have to have someone of that caliber. Go ahead and build the D through FA. Remake the O through the draft. I have been all for defense first but now as I begin to think about it I would rather miss on Jameis Winston with a high pick than miss at another position. Can't always go with the safe pick. That is what got us Chance Warmack and he was suppose to be the can't miss prospect. Not often you can get elite level QB and by all the comments from scouts and coaches Winston is the better on the field between the numbers QB. He is intelligent, a quick learner, and runs pro system unlike Mariota. Get Winston in first and Green-Beckham in the second. QB and WR are some of the highest paid so might as well get them on the cheap and just pay a premium OLB or DE.

9. 615nick

615nick Starter

This is the route I would go. Sign a olb, nt, de, cb and possibly a mlb and/or s on d. Then I would sign a t and g on o. All during free agency. Getting 2 or 3 star/pro bowl caliber guys in any of those positions. Houston, williams and suh would be my choices. Also like knighton, mccourty and bulga.

Then the draft we can get a qb, wr, oline and a power back.

10. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

We have the money (so bare with me), start the bidding at 17 mil a year for Houston and/or Suh. Try to get a bit, then reel them in. Your not going to get their attention being timid, be loud and try to make a splash. Call their agents and the first thing you tell them is we are starting the bidding at 17. See if they play ball. Remember, we won 2 games this year so it won't be easy to lure big time free agent s. The only thing we have working in our favor is the salary cap. Tell Houston his role will be similiar to the one he had in KC (scheme/familiarity) and feed into Suh's ego and tell him we want to make him the highest paid defender. We have nothing to lose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar