What would we have to do to get R.Bush?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The619RBush, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

what would we do with brown and henry

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

henry would be a free agent and brown is still under rookie contract.

3. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

every mock i've seen has us picking the Ferg

houston could get alot from some teams wanting to move up that high... i dont think we can give that much... at least not in draft picks.

theres another post about "Fish for Bush" straight up... they'd take that... i would cry

we could give them every lineman we're pi$$ed at and our first... they might take that if there was a conditional pick... say a second and later round to be named later.

as much as i want him i dont see it happening. we've got two pretty good backs with a bad line blocking for them. CB hasn't lost a step in one year... he's just lost the blocking that allowed him to be so explosive. we need our franchise QB soon... i just have a feeling we are leaning towards that unless we trade down and get more picks to fill more holes.

4. paraconspiracy

didnt we sign henry to a 3 year deal?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he has an option on it

6. paraconspiracy

ahhhhhh... thanks

7. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Whether the Texans' biggest need is O-line or not... it doesn't matter. The first round is considered " Best player " regardless of position, which would be Reggie Bush. The Texans' have plenty of picks to address the O-line in the early rounds... they're going to take Bush.

8. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

619 is the area code Bush comes from in Cali.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Exactly. The only way Houston doesn't take Bush is if they trade out of that pick. Bush is a lock as the first pick. I do think Houston could trade out if the deal was sweet enough (or draft Bush and then trade). They already have a stud RB who is signed long term. Remember they also have the first pick in the second round and with the great depth at OT this year they could get a real nice OT with that pick. I think the only team with two first rounders this year is Denver and I doubt Houston would be willing to give up thier pick for Denver's picks even if Denver sweetened the pot with additional picks. Bush in Denver would be sick however.
    Still, as much as Houston doesn't need a RB and needs OL I don't see them not picking Bush.
    Actually the best team for them to work a deal with might be the Titans because we have the 3rd pick. A deal where we swap picks would be tempting for them because they can draft Brick but we would probally have to give them our 2nd rounder (or Roos) to make the deal. If I were Houston I would take that deal in a second but no way the Titans take the deal.

10. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I like the thought of that, but the Texans' won't trade the first pick to a rival team ( Titans' ) in their division... and give them the opportunity to draft the most coveted player to come along in a decade. Plus, the people/fans of Houston would hang ( Owner ) McNair considering the Oilers' move/history... ect. They'll take less from another team in a trade. That all being said... I would have no problem staying put, drafting D'Brickashaw Ferguson and picking up L.White or Michael Bush. If we trade down... I would take Cutler, which I almost like that idea the most... I would almost consider taking him at 3. My opinion though... the Titans' will take a defensive player that can stop the run... A.J Hawk, Mario Williams, Mathias Kiwanuka... ect, which I'm assuming would involve a trade down from the 3rd slot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar