What would you trade Chris Brown for...?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Donnie Edwards is with the Chargers isn't he?

2. smili

smili Starter

I think you've probably got to consider trade offers, but I'd prefer we keep Brown and try to resign him if he doesn't break the bank next year. At least that should be the plan until it's clear that Henry can be the man again, or until we see that Lendale can be the man. Yeah, Brown's hurt alot, but when he plays he's a real threat. We don't have many big play types on offense (VY will become that), and I don't think we should give that up without serious consideration.

If we trade Brown I'd love to see a cornerback as part of the deal if possible.

Put it this way - without Brown our running game becomes much more suspect this year. A Brown/White combo (assuming White works out) isn't the perfect mix of speed and brawn, but it's not bad.

3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Yeah, that was a mistake. LT got run down last year and missed some time. Maybe they'de be into spelling him with Brown. Crazy? I think....

so.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

they also have a very good back up running back in michael "the burner" turner.

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Donnie edwards?

Just what we need a 33 year old backup outside linebacker. :sad2:

The chargers are the last team that would need or want chris brown. Turner averaged 5.9 yards a carry backing up LT and he is a year younger than brown. :sad2:

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Trading RBs...

How many trades do you see with running backs? The only time a decent guy changes teams is due to free agency, rarely a trade. In the case of brown teams could just wait until after the year to sign him.

The only chance for a brown trade would be a camp injury in which a team is desperate for a quality back.

Actually one of the teams that might want and could use brown are the colts. Brown has played well against them and brown is a nice fit for that offense.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Fisher is going to ruin his career. I feel like some players in the NFL get a raw deal and Chris Brown is going to be one of 'em. Splitting time at RB is going to end what could have been a nice career. He's almost been shelved as a rb at this point. I think he deserves one more chance to carry the load full time. But don't see it happening. Anywhere.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

If we keep Brown, 3 things will influence everything.

First, who performs the best. If one back is clearly outperforming the others, he'll get the bulk. If there isn't much difference, we'll see a rotation to keep people fresh.

Second, Brown is in his walk year. It makes sense for the Titans not to make him the fulltime back (and get a ton of stats) IF he's not clearly outperforming the others. Why? So we can re-sign him. If he ends up with half the carries and 550 yards and 5 TD's, he's not exactly going to be demanding top money in FA. On the other hand, he might not want to stay in a place where he's one guy in a committee at RB.

Third, can he stay healthy. Brown ALWAYS gets hurt but he does have talent. But Fisher places high value on durability. We don't want to sign a RB for big money if the guy only plays 2/3 of the season.

Gut

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Justin McCareins

:duckrun:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar