Whats Brian Hoyer worth?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Nov 7, 2014.

?
  1. Bring him in to be the starter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Make him compete with a high drafted rookie

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. I want no part of Brian Hoyer

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Id be surprised if anyone wants manziel.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm sure he's not on the block, nor do I want him, but I bet there are people who would give up a 2nd round pick in a split second for him.

3. JCBRAVE

Im thinking a 6th tops, yea hes that bad IMO

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

has he even played more than a few snaps this year?

5. JCBRAVE

he's played 5 offensive snaps, 3 as a WR

no completions, no catches.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Browns are really in a tough position. If they resign Hoyer then it's effectively admitting they just wasted a 1st round pick. If they let him walk then they're rolling the dice with a young, unproven, idiot QB.

I'd love to bring Hoyer in here to compete with Mett/TBD rookie. But as for just handing him the starting gig? No thanks.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Nobody would give a 1st. He didn't go until #24 or so this year. Somebody might give a 2nd or a player and a 2nd or 3rd. Browns should try to unload him quick if they think Hoyer is their long term answer. Players like Manziel have an expiration date.

8. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Hoyer isn't going anywhere and I don't think Manziel is going anywhere.

Hoyer will stay in Cleveland and hope for him to string together 2 good years, if that happens then I can see them sending off Manziel for a pick.

Remember when they drafted Quinn and Derek Anderson ended up going to the Pro Bowl? Only to suck the following season.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Yeah, Hoyer won't get that type of contract. You point out his stats this season, and how they compare to the other QBs that were given massive deals, but the thing you left out is that they all had a few years of success with those teams prior to the contracts.

Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers ... Hoyer is no where near the same class as these 3 guys

Joe Flacco won the SB and has his team in the playoffs every single year just about

Andy Dalton and Matt Ryan have taken their teams to the playoffs multiple times in a row

Tony Romo, and Culter ... these would be the closer to Hoyers because they haven't done much (and I think the contracts they got were stupid) but they have had some sustained success at least ... not just one year.

If anything, Hoyer should be compared to a Flynn or Schaub.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Jerry Jones

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar