what's next? Merriman for M.V.P.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanicvolfan, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanicvolfan

titanicvolfan Camp Fodder

Shawne Merriman in the Pro Bowl over Bullock? It is sad that the fans vote is only a third of the process and it also speaks volumes on the intelligence quotient of the coaches and players. The numbers speak for themselves, Bullock 120 tackles, 4 sacks, 2 int. and Merriman 46 tackles, 9 sacks, 0 int. Sure, if Bullock played on a team that had a decent secondary he could spend all day blitzing the QB. Let's call this what it is...a "sexy" pick. Merriman had a good game against the Colts so now he is the best in the league apparently. Keith should not have the failure of the team this year held against him and for this reason I am boycotting the "I had an average year but I had a good game and we beat the previously undefeated Colts so I got voted to the team not by the fans but by the league Bowl" I invite you to do the same.

2. TitanFan4Life

TitanFan4Life Stronger Than K-Bulluck

And HE'S A ROOKIE! That's what really riles me up, he's a freakin rookie, compared to all-pro bullUck.

I dunno, the probowl is such a waste of time anyway...

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Bulluck and Merriman don't even really play the same position. Bulluck is a 4-3 LB and Merriman is essentially a 3-4 end. Merriman might rush the passer better or more often but no way Merriman can play in space like Bulluck. Thats part of what is screwy about the pro-bowl.

Richard Seymour made it as an interior lineman but Seymour is a 3-4 DE and would never play DT in a 4-3.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Merriman - Terrell Suggs.

5. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

the Pro-Bowl has just proved to me, with this snub, that it is absolutely pointless to a) vote and b) watch it. a Rookie OLB who plays more like a DE gets the nod ahead of an all-pro OLB. Whatever, Bulluck is so much better than this. :sad2:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i've never watched the pro bowl.

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

same here; only in '03 when Steve was playing in it and Dungy screwed him over, playing him only a snap.

8. CriticalTheory

CriticalTheory WestSide 718 ShadowMafia!

Hold the Hell up Merriman may have had only 46tckls.

But his play all year was top notched he played at a high level from game 1 till now. He showed up big time in the biggest game of his career so far against the undefeated colts. What did he do? 9 tackles 2 Sacks!!

Merriman played with 10x the ferocity that Bulluck played with all year.

He has everything you want in a defensive player plus the ability to play 2 positions.

Merriman looks like a Young Ray Lewis, hell they are even starting to compare him to D.T and L.T.

Who has Bulluck been compared to?

Merriman All day. 270lbs and he's as fast as Bulluck.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'm actually with CT somewhat on this. Merriman deserves DROTY; his play has been spectacular this year IMO. Do I think he deserves a spot over Bulluck? No, but that's just the homer in me. If anything, June shouldn't have made it.

10. dman050586

dman050586 Starter

guys stop getting so mad. who cares? pro bowl doesnt mean jack. ohh well **** happens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar