Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

What's our pitch to Andy Levitre?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Feb 19, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $1,623
    Shhhhh, he might be reading the forum.
    The Hammer high fives this.
  2. The Hammer I already got half a buzz on

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $11,039
    I hope he is! Come on Andy. Here is another reason to come here:

You will be a freaking hero here Andy!

Seriously. You think those other teams fans are lovin on a free agent guard like we are?
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
  3. RollTide Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,069
    I bring the tax issue up all the time. If i was going to sign a contract that included a $10M SB the taxes i would have to pay on that $10M would have to matter. In some states you would pay 7% of that in state income taxes alone. 0% in states like Tennessee, Texas and Florida. The difference is hundreds of thousands of dollars.

As far as the higher sales tax is concerned you have control over how you spend your money. Consider that an incentive to invest more and spend less on meaningless luxury items. If you really want to avoid the high sales tax you can make a trip to Huntsville or Bowling green for a large purchase like a car.
  4. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,315
    We've done a lot of moving linemen around lately, ideally you want your guards to play guard and tackles to play tackle.

It's hard to build chemistry when you're always moving players around like we have the past 2 years.
  5. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $22,233
    Has there even been any word from the Titan FO that we are even interested in Andy?
  6. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,315
    Not to my knowledge.

They'd be dumb to show their hand here, waiting til March 12th has to be their plan.

If we don't learn of them pursuing guys that day or the next then we're in trouble.
    Titanup1982 high fives this.
  7. Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Wilson
    Moolah:
    $1,465
    It worked pretty well for the ravens this year...
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Good picture of me from 10 years ago

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,279
    Words don't mean much. But the question is how do you sell someone. I would sell that we are going to be a major player in NFL championships over the next decade. Why not?

As far as one of the worst teams in the NFL, we were not in the bottom quarter of NFL teams. In other words, that is a very liberal use of the term "worst".
  8. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,315
    Yea well that team has been in the playoffs every year since 2007, it's a bit different
    BiscoPhan11 high fives this.
  9. The Hammer I already got half a buzz on

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $11,039
    [IMG]