What's our pitch to Andy Levitre?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

This

And throw in selling the direction of this team. Let him meet Locker and CJ, the guys he will be helping. Well, at least Locker (cheap shot)

The team will not be worse than last years team, so we are going in the right direction, up. Hes a player and knows teams go from nothing to good and from good to nothing in no time. Only a handful of teams stay in the discussion every single year.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If you're going merely by record, then I'll give you that.

When you look at the actual product we were putting on the field on a weekly basis it's pretty clear we were one of the worst teams. We had the 5th worst point differential in 2012.

But whatever, it's really not even worth arguing. I doubt whether we were the 5th worst team or just the 10th worst team will make too much of a difference to Andy Levitre or any other FA. Bottom line is we sucked pretty real bad and got slaughtered by the good teams.

It's all going to come down to dollars and how much Levitre values playing for a HoF O-lineman.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Times change. Especially in the NFL. Which a well known former Oilers coach ones said "Stands for Not For Long"

Teams worse than Tennessee at the very least: Cincinnati, Buffalo, Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland, Jacksonville (London/Los Angeles), Carolina, Kansas City, Miami, San Diego and Arizona.

Add in the tax situation, lifestyle and cost of living and Tennessee is one of the more desirable destinations. Just because we have been bad for a while does not mean things cannot change. Not too long ago New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Indianapolis, were places careers went to die. Additionally Buffalo, the Raiders (LA and Oakland), Kansas City, Jacksonville and Miami were considered among the most desirable places to play.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

C.J. is off January-March, good luck finding him.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cincinnati is not a bad team

Now Ohio, thats a bad place, but the Bengals are on the up and up.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

"You betta block good fuh me and tings like dat."- CJ

How anyone can say we are going in the right direction is beyond me. I sure HOPE we are though. What did you see in 2012 that makes you so confident we are heading in the right direction and absolutely will not be worse than last year? (Not being hostile, I'm just legitimately curious)

That's true. But that line of thinking could apply to pretty much every other team in the league. I don't think that's necessarily a point in our favor.

7. The Hammer

Not last year, no. But they still have one of the worst owners in the NFL. **** rolls down hill. Also saying worse than Tennessee. In my years watching the NFL I have seen Cincinnati be on the rise more than any other team but they never get past being on the rise. And do not stay good very long. Not since getting hammered by the Niners in their last Super Bowl meeting. With the Bengals I refuse to believe it until they do it.

The Bengals have been in perpetual "Jared Cook" mode the last 25 years.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Cincy? Come'on man.....

9. The Hammer

See above post.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You have a point. But that doesn't change the fact that they're a better team than us right now. Whether or not they ever take it to the next level is irrelevant.

Hell, I'd love for people to be calling us a "team on the rise" right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar