What's the one/main thing that gives you hope for the future?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Well...We need about 5 positions in the draft last year and we drafted a small speedy receiver? ANYTHING IS POSSSSSIBLE!!!

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Because having the best LB corps in the league for years to come sure would be nice... and he brings leadership that we need. And yea, it's hypothetical that we'd end up having the best LB corps, but I don't see a way it wouldn't become the best after the way Ayers and Brown have played. Add Te'o into the mix and it isn't even fair.

We have absolutely no leadership on either side of the ball. Finnegan, Mawae, and Bulluck were the last of our leaders... and we were stupid enough to choose Griffin over Finnegan.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

The only thing to look forward too is nailing in the draft. Hopefully getting a beast like DAS KRAUT BJOERN WERNER!!!!

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well I mean I know Pacman looked great and all yesterday bobbling a kick return he took out of the endzone to the 10 yard line and then letting Andre Johnson burn him deep.

So to you I say :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Well considering how our teams needs and the top talent on the board is going to fall... Te'o makes the most sense. If Star slid to 10 I would take him over Te'o... But considering the other top talent, Werner or Mingo... I'm not sure they fit as well as the BPA+need. Morgan and wimbley were both top ten in QB pressures... Drafting a rotational player in the top 10? I mean if Werner was there, I'd consider it, but not one of the smaller speed rush DEs that are much more suited for 34.

I like Ansah a lot but also not at 10. And the other option would be to get ... OL... Warmack is good and all and of course we need help there, but Guard at 10? Not so sure about that. Zero chance that a safety comes off the board before 15. And the first to go will be Vacarro. Better coverage skills than the others.

Soooo... If we stay at 10... My board looks like this

Star
    Te'o
    Werner

Trading back

Warmack
    Vacarro
    Ansah

Later in the round I'm more apt to take someone like Ansah based on potential. Not even close at 10 tho. Only the people with the best chance at succeeding there.

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I say, if you like a guy then take him, no matter what your draft position is. If you can trade down and pick up that same player later, thats great. But if you can't, take the guy you like anyway.

I think people put way too much into getting 'value' at certain picks. There really isn't much difference between the 10th pick and the 20th pick. There will studs and busts taken at both spots. So you should take the guys you like, and who will help the team win. Sure you won't win the 'Mel Kiper draft grade contest', but its all about winning games not getting good draft grades.

If there is a G that can help this team right away, and we can't trade down, then just go ahead and take him. Otherwise we may be stuck with someone who was a 'good value pick' but really won't do much to help the team.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

But is 90, can't live that much longer.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We don't have Fisher and we're not the Raiders.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:rolleyes:

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Don't act like you aren't happy. Be honest with yourself.:chuck:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar