What's wrong with the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Should of's and Could of's are candy and Nuts.....

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Sure they could. And if they do, what will you think of Schwartz then? If two of these players make the Pro Bowl, you can bet the Titans defense will be top 15.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

All that says is he is a good 3rd down guy. You know the difference in the vastness of responsibility between that and the DC. The job of DC is quite distinct in scope and responsibility compared to position or situation coaches.

That's like when a good line worker gets promoted and turns out to be a bad supervisor. It happens all the time.

4. rayzor2004

rayzor2004 Guest

obviously preseason is not a cause to jump to conclusions, but you have to look at last years D and think that surely this preseason we'd have to be better. NOT!!! If Albert or Vaden Bosch go down we will be in a world of hurt, cause so far even when they're playing teams run to the outside and make the rest of our D look like a joke.

5. TitanJeff

You tell me. Both deal with scheming. Both deal with personnel.

Nothing is guaranteed but I think I can understand why he was hired based on his previous success.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

As I said, I think the PB is popularity contest, nothing more, however if our defence is in the top 15 I will admit that Schwartz is not an imbecile and that he had inferior talent to work with.

7. TitanJeff

Time will tell which is what I've said from the beginning.

8. Riverman

We're not talking about why he was hired but rather that his "pre-hire" credentials have nothing to do with evaluating his current performance as defensive coordinator. That's my point.

Just because somebody is a good assistant defensive coach doesn't make them a good defensive coordinator. (besides, the reason he was a good asst. was because his DC boss was awesome!;) )

9. TitanJeff

He had back-to-back top 10 defenses his first two seasons. What else could he have done in '02 and '03?

:wall: :winker:

10. Riverman

Why do you think franchises let their franchise QB go? Cliche- It's not what you have done for me but what've you've done for me lately. Same case with Schwartz. The defensive has sucked for the past 2 years, appears to be sucking now so the front man is gonna take the heat. Succeed or fail, it falls on the guy. Yes, it's ultimately gonna fall on Fisher also if Schwartz doesn't get it fixed. But until the offense sucks for 2 years and people start railing Chow (which is starting now) Schwartz is going to have to take the heat.

My major beef is you apparently want to give Schwartz a pass and blame it on talent. You seem determined to avoid placing ANY responsibility on his shoulders. Respectfully, we differ in that opinion.

BTW, just kidding about Williams- I can tell that irks you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar