What's wrong with this head coach!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ron, Oct 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I guarantee you it was a distraction to more than DW. You guys aren’t being real about it. The Steelers were public about their owner demanding the players be on the field standing. The NFL has put a muzzle on the story, spinning it now as a 1 week deal. Mularkey lost his composure during the presser. RM18 was told to stay in the locker room as opposed to his “I’ll kneel until I get an apology” rhetorhic.

Look- I don’t care so much about the issue. And I know everybody wants the socio-political stuff to just go away and not talk about it. I do as well. It IS a distraction- albeit apparently I am the only one on the board that thinks so. But Mularkey lost his cool for a reason. There is an undercurrent in the locker room he’s having to deal with and get the team re-focused. I just don’t how people can’t see it for what it is.

And honestly- I’m sick of talking about it except when people just want to wash it away, pretending it wasn’t disruptive. It was. The reason I’m on it is because I’d like for all socio-political issues to get out of the locker room and the team focus on football. And that can’t happen until the issue of not hijacking team time for personal socio-political agendas is considered inappropriate and unprofessional- at least for what the players are being paid. Until that happens, we just aren’t going to be a unified team IMO.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

you're heavily overestimating how much a 1 minute song before a game is affecting our players... lol

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I hope that was really the problem.
    Don't think it was, but if it was, maybe they got back into playing football for this week.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Riverman

I think you’re underestimating the effect if DW82’s reports of death threats against him and his family are accurate.

5. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

he was our best receiver, you're barking up the wrong tree

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He was running fine and can only catch what's thrown to him.

Granted, I didn't watch the second half so missed it if he had some drops.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I could buy into it being a distraction. But to the point to justify 57-14? IDK about that.

The defense was complete trash. Flota had a classic Flota day. The game got out of hand. Our coaches can't adjust. So here we are.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

They were all on the sidelines for the anthem......most standing from everything I saw.
    This had nothing to do with any protest or non-protest. We got our a$$ handed to us. The only thing worse here than "fire the entire staff" is "the distractions from the anthem" caused or contributed.
    The PLAYERS decided to stay in the locker room for the Seahawks game. When they came out, they did it arm in arm to show unity, so saying they are not or are not going to be a unified team is guessing....unless you are in the locker room with them.
    Move on from it.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Riverman

To be clear- I have never said nor contended it was the reason we let 57 get hung on us. Only defending the point that that whole mess was a distraction to the players and coaches. Hopefully, this week will show some better preparation from both and getting whipped by a division rival will unify their purpose back to being the best team they can be.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Riverman

I’ll move on from it. But there is no way it wasn’t a distraction during the week of preparation for that game. And RM18 stayed in the locker room so they weren’t completely unified at the game.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar