What's wrong with this head coach!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ron, Oct 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

51 yards and a ducked ball doesn’t say much about a solid performance.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Things just snowballed out of control
    Happened to Pittsburgh last year against Philly

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Meh. WE sucked they looked great. It's only going to some crashing down for cow fans once Watson is figured out. Trust me, he's got an azz whoopin commin.

4. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

#findacompitentbackupQB

5. meekmode

meekmode Starter

#findarealHC

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

they put in Sims to be humiliated in the second half...

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I am dubious....

8. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

My understanding of Mularkey is he's not really a defensive guy, his experience is mostly on the offensive side of the ball. And when you hire a guy like DLB, you expect him to pretty much run the D without much interference.

So I don't think Mularkey stepping in would have done a thing to help, and I'm ok with that. I prefer my HC to worry about the big picture stuff and trust his coordinators to focus on their respective jobs. If they don't get that done, then you go talk to them and see how they're going to fix it. If you don't like their answer, then you look into a change.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I can see that but not making adjustments for a second half after getting crushed for 30 first half pts is big picture stuff.

I suppose I could go back through a bunch of games and find another comparable instance where Mularkey, an Offensive guy but HC, could have jumped in on DLB and told him to fix his s**t, but I'll give benefit that maybe (really maybe) this was the first time it should have happened.
    The next time an ugly first half like this comes around, I not only want but EXPECT Mularkey to push DLB out of the way and make changes.

10. kenny

kenny Starter

We have not done anything on offense before half time THIS YEAR..... Now let that sink in. Yes we won 2 games & put up points at the half. The fact is or offensive scheme limits what the team is capable of doing. 2WR sets is our dominant passing set. We pass in OBVIOUS passing situations mostly. We run horrible trick/gimmick pays that rarely get past the LOS. When we do have a "good game" as the last 2 wins have been called; it's because we have ran well after half time against bad Run defenses.... And those teams gave up costly penalties; that kept us moving chains.

We have not been good this year. We have won games in spite of how badly we played before half time of EVERY GAME.

This is not a scheme that can win against quick scoring offenses. When we play good passing teams we loose. It's that simple. Is been that way since Mularkey arrived. If we play a team capable of scoring threw the air, we cannot keep up. Our old school football has big limitations. Until we have a creative offensive mind calling the offense; we will win against other weak teams that cannot score at will. We will not beat good offensive teams; until we have an OC or HC, capable of utilizing the weapons we heavily invested in on offense.

IDC if Mularkey stays; IF we get an OC capable of using the weapons. AND Mularkey does NOT have say over the offensive scheme.

We HAVE to bring this team into at least the 90's. Run 1st but heavily use play action passing. Until that happens don't get your hopes up. We MAY win this weak division THIS year. However, the other teams ARE advancing their offense & getting better. After this year, I doubt we have any shot w/ Mularkey & HIS offense.

Just my opinion.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar