What's Your Favorite Titan's Big Play?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Spinnaker, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

What's some of ya'lls favorite big plays that the Titans made?
    2 of mine from this season are cortland finnegan's TD fumble recovery against jacksonville and when vince was about to get sacked and he flipped it back to bo scaife for the TD
    or course one of mine from the previous season was the music city miracle [yes i know, quite generic]

Please Post some of your favorite Big plays and memories from the previous titan season(s)

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

the Music City Miracle pretty much made me a Titans fan, so that's definately #1, beyond that I'd definately have to say Nedney's 2/3 FG in OT against the Steelers in the playoffs in 2002 (I think you guys know what I'm talking about, if not I can clarify) and VYs OT TD against Houston

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

MCM
    60 yarder
    VY OT run

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

ditto

+

Eddie George coming back and throwing Ray Ray on his arse following the dislocation of his shoulder. That was inspired play.

All of Pac's TD returns.

That flip pass as he was going down to Bo Scaife was the stuff of sweetness.

5. The MCM is the unbeatable peak, like Tony Dorsett's 99 yard run.

After that, I'd probably say Eddie's long TD run against the Colts in the 2000 playoffs a week later.

But there are a ton of contenders. VY had some great plays last year. Pacman TD returns. Tons of McNair scrambles. Drew Bennett's 4th down TD catch against the Texans to end the game. The Tank Williams sack of Peyton Manning that Bulluck returned for a TD. Justin McCareins' TD catch against the Ravens in the playoffs.

And though I'd hesitate to call a kick the best play, I can't forget Bironas' 60 yarder or Gary Anderson's game winner in Baltimore.

:jump:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Anderson's game winner is under-rated.

1. It was IN Baltimore
    2. It made the distance by a coat of varnish

It makes it all that sweeter.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

"By a coat of varnish."

Hehehe.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

1.Music City Miracle
    5. Eddie TD run in Superbowl dragging Rams to paydirt.
    6.VY run against the Texans
    7.McNair throws aside two Ram tacklers in superbowl
    8. Nedney rekicks the steelers
    9.VY run against Buffalo
    10.60 yd FG by kicker dude
    11.McNair completion to Bennett in Steelers playoff game
    12.Eddie Runs over Ray Lewis
    13. Eddie breaks big 68yd td run on Indy in playoffs
    14.McNair to McCareins in Ravens playoff game

9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

It's nowhere near the top, but I always liked Steve McNair hitting Drew Bennett for the game winner at the Texans in 2003, with Gus Johnson screaming "THERE'S YOUR MVP!"

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Titans two comeback wins against the Giants ('03 and this year).

I know they aren't single plays, but the last 10 minutes of both those games are golden.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar