When are the Titans going quit being chump bums......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

I am so sick of hearing this statement about that Titans:

So and so has a 4m dollar option and ther is no way the Titans are going to pay it he will either have to take a pay cut or be released. The Titans have got to be one of the cheapest teams in terms of buying and selling their roster. We dont pay anybody and we dont keep anybody.

Everybody makes a big deal about well they tried to keep it together of the core group of players and now its cost them BS BS BS bottom line is they do not know how to keep value or how to reaquire more after a few people have slipped away. Example Derrick Mason basically our Marvin Harrison and we just cut him without giving it a second thought about it or going about getting a quality replacement. This Rookie group wont cut it 2 of 3 rookie WR missed most of their first season and in some spots all 3 rookie WR were missing in the line-up. It is not too early to judge them I think we give people way too long to "try and pan out" and that has never really happend since they became Tennessee Titans.

Alot of you may say this is old news or what not when in fact it really is not old news. I am just tired of looking in the paper or radio or tv and hearing how most teams are improving and putting pieces in place and of course the ever silent TITANS are doing nothing yes they signed KVB to a long term deal and that is nice but my guess is that will be about all you hear or see the Titans doing in terms of keeping anyone and they certainly will not add any quality to this team because I simply do not think they know how to anymore. I just think it is pretty sad that the Arizona Cardinals have a better WR group than we do, and every team with exception of maybe the Texans in our divison is getting better and we are pretty much staying the same or moving backwards. I think were in for another 1 win in our divison this year against those mighty Texans. OOOOOOH BOY THIS IS GONNA BE ANOTHER LONG BORING OFF-Season. Even if they had 100billion dollars under the salary cap they would not know what to do with it and that is true.

2. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

We resigned Kinney:ha:

3. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

You've obviously never heard of the Philadelphia Eagles.

4. DynamoSupremo

DynamoSupremo F-Back

Or the Cardinals

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Country, you might want to run a search on the salary cap issues facing the Titans. They've all been discussed at length here and have been reported in detail on the main site itself.

Basically, the Titans are no different than most teams out there. They thought they had a shot to win it all and did what it took to keep some players who probably should have been let go and restructured a number of others to free up money to bring in a free agent or two.

It was time to pay the piper and it's better to do that all at once instead of bleeding to death slowly. The Titans should return to form by '07 and be ready to make a serious run by '08.

At least it's hopeful that the worst it behind us and there is no where to go but up.

6. :sleepy:

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:ha:

8. BiPolar, I will tell what is so funny it had me LOL.... Yes, really laughing out loudly for about 5 minutes straight: This:

kill-me-Horse.gif

This is without a doubt the funniest horse picture I have seen and it must be what the Colts felt like when Vinnateri missed that FG.

Off the subject all the way, but I had to interrupt to give BiPolar some props for coming up with it.... WU

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Better check your spelling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar