When do we know a QB will be good

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

A very good read with data to support a theory of when we, as spectators, can find out what kind of QB they will become. I feel this is especially relevant with the divide between MM8

Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz have passed one big test but others await - 2016

TL;DR

Busts can be found pretty early on around the 4th game played.
    16 games give a better understanding but 32 games is really where you can decide to move on or keep the QB that you have.

MM8 has 15 games played
    2015 AY/Y = 7.4 (10 % above average last year?)
    2016 AY/Y = 6.8 (9 % below average for this year)

Total AY/Y = 7.1

So maybe someone can dig a bit deeper into this especially with MM8 about to hit his 16th game. I think it bodes well for MM8 as most busts have showed themselves by this time. I believe now its a question of whether MM8 will be a flash (Colin, RG3) a star (Flacco) or a superstar (Peyton, Brady).

It tells us what our gut has been saying which is to give this more time, but with this data it helps paint a clearer picture imo and gives us something to look forward to observing.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There is no divide among fans on MM8, just 4-5 fools trying to get a rise out of people.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

NOODLE ARM

• LOL LOL x 5
  4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

There is a huge divide. Every sports writer in TN is writing stories about the problems MM is having. The sports shows are talking about it. It's a very real problem, and a huge concern. Few are wanting him to fail - that would set us back more years, but we are sure waiting on the improvement from experience. Anyone that thinks he is playing at a high level right now is a real homer.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No one said anything of the sorts

but he is absolutely our franchise QB for the foreseeable future..

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

You said there is no divide. Read half the posts on this board. There is a lot of divide, and it all evolves from his level of play. Why else would we be discussing him?

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. meekmode

meekmode Starter

You'd think with 30k posts you might post something that brings more to the topic than just spamming the same thing on every thread, but then again that's asking a lot of you.

8. Fry

Which means what, exactly?

You're either a franchise QB or you're not. There is no "foreseeable future" attached to it unless you're in the twilight of your career.

You basically said, "eh, we don't really know yet," which is the truth.

9. Fry

NOODLE ARM!

1-15!

BYE BYE MULARKEY!

JOSH MC-DAN-IELS! CLAP! CLAP! CLAPCLAPCLAP!

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

A good GM and coaching staff make a ton of difference....Cheaters or not, NE comes into every season and plug and play and win...Plain and simple. Sure, they have a stud TE in Gronk etc, but they smoke people with their 3rd string QB....I think we need a good coach/system, then a few playmakers in next years draft. I do feel that Marcus is good enough to build around though. I better see him improve this week though hahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar