When Fisher Gets His Way...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by petergriffin16, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petergriffin16

petergriffin16 Starter

Let's think about Fisherball for a moment:

1. Lights Out Defense
    2. Pocket Passing QB/Game Manager
    3. Consistent Running Game/O-Line'

When was the last time all of those pieces were put together? The 2008 Season, 13-3 #1 seed in the playoffs. The fact is Bud Adams has been intervening with Fisher's assembly of the team he wants. He's given him a quarterback that doesn't fit his strategy or his system. I'm not saying vince is a bad quarterback, I've always been a supporter and I don't like how he's treated by Fisher because I think the two can co-exist. I'm just saying, before you say Fisher is a bad coach blah blah blah you have to look at how often he gets what he wants. I bet Bud Adams had a lot to do with letting AH walk and I also thing the redskins intervened with his free agency offering him $100mil before they were allowed so he could trump anything the Titans offered them.

It's the same reason Jerry Jones can't win a SB, he's always trying to coach and manage and do everything instead of letting his head coach do what he wants. I think Adams should step back a give Fish full control.

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Is it true... that during the Music City Miracle play the Jeff Fisher was screaming for Dyson to run out of bounds so we could kick the GW field goal?

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

How could you possibly say that Bud Adams needs to step back and quit intervening?

You say that because of Bud Adams wanted Vince Young and got Him, right?

Can you name any other time where Adams has intervened with Fisher's coaching?

We need actual facts, and not hearsay.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Bud is hardly Jerry Jones. And the truth of the matter is when someone owns a business they can be as involved or uninvolved as they want. Without Bud and his bucks there would be no Titans. Every coach in the league would like an owner who says "I'll give you full access to my wallet and quietly sit in the corner while you spend my money and do your thing"...but that's not how it works.

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Can you cite some examples of when Bud stepped in too make decisions?

6. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Do you remember 0-6? Jeff had full control and VY was on the bench. That is one of the FEW times that we know Adams stepped in.

7. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

We don't have those, which is Fisher's fault

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The reason I'm pushing for a firing isn't because Fisher doesn't get along with Vince. It's because he's stuck in his ways. I thought when he drafted C.J. (not a powerback) he was changing with the times. But we see that's not the case. He runs C.J. almost exactly how he ran Eddie. The guy only knows one way, and God forbid he divert from that...

• High Five High Five x 8
  9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Ahh, there's the problem. Fisherball only exists in a universe without thought.

10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Where is the lights out defense....................we played a prevent defense in a tie game with the redskins and they were missing 3 in the offensive line. We play to much zone coverage and refuse to blitz. Watch how the chargers beat the colts! You see us doing that NO!!!!!!!! We will play zone, manning will lick his chops, and go 45 for 55 400 yards 4 TD's, like a rerun and trust me we will do again. Our defense hasnt been the same since greg williams and left and jeff fisher quit playing aggressive buddy ryan style defense! Look at us on third and long in the skins dolphins and charger games...........no pressure zone coverage FIRST DOWN opposition! Insanity they say is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar