When is Givens coming back?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He doesn't take up a roster spot now. And when healthy he is better than what we have.

His career is simply proven that. No one on Tennessee can match it, except Moulds.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Aw c'mon budddddy,

There is no way Givens returns to his previous form, after a year and 6 week or 2 year layoff from the game.

It's unfortunate, but I say career done.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I agree we need to keep Givens because he probaly is the best WR on the team.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

There was rumored sighting by the Blue Hill Meteorological Observatory.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I can't argue with logic.

6. hes my boy in madden

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd say it is done as well, I meant previously when healthy.
    And he still may come back.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Make your mind up. The facts are we have no idea if Givens is "better" than what we have on the roster. COnsidering the Titans have ~1/2 a season to evaluate Given's progress we should know much more then but even if he was 100% healthy he hasn't played in a game situation for what will be almost a year and a half. Hard to believe at that point he would be a sizable upgrade to Gage, Williams or whoever is holding down the #2 spot and I'm not sure Givens was ever better than Brandon Jones.

9. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

First of all... Givens has not even been out an entire season, he was hurt in game 5 of last year. Givens was given little opportunity to show much last year considering he had a rusty Collins and a thrown into the fire Young throwing to him for those 5 games.

Secondly... Givens was the #2 receiver for two super bowl champions. We signed him with the hope of him making the step to be a #1, however even as a #2 receiver he gives us quite a bit more than we currently have. Anyone who actually watched the Patriots knows that he could flat out play.

Next... Givens was 25 when we signed him. He just turned 27... he's just a little more than two years older than Vince. You guys act like we signed a 35 year old guy to a 5 year deal.

Anotherwords, at the time, we signed a healthy, never been injured 25 year old receiver on the upswing, a two year starter who had proven to be clutch in his time in the NFL and had two super bowl rings. Where are the negatives? Obviously, the Titans didn't know that he was going to tear his ACL, however the guy is talented and if he is able to come back then I think he would be hugely beneficial for this team. If not this year, then next. I'm just tired of so many negative comments... That is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar