When will a head roll and who will it be?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bubba titan, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubba titan

bubba titan Camp Fodder

I woke up this morning to the Zone and reports of Pac. I couldn't believe it. The phone started ringing ("Did you hear?"). Yep, he is 22 and has a right to drink and make bad decisions. I agree. I did the same. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't making the same kind of money (nowhere near; waiting tables doesn't pay like being in the NFL). I also agree that Pac has talent. He has lots of talent. I like his attitude on the field--for the most part. I wish more of our players brought the same intensity (kind of like KVB). The problem is he is a (supposed to be) professional. Pac: Get drunk at home or have the good sense not to mouth off to the police. Pretty simple.

But this is not about Pac.

Our drafts of late have been poor. We do not have talent. With the exception of two players, our d-line is an absolute joke. The handling of the McNair departure was a disgrace to the franchise. I blame all of this on (rightly or wrongly) Floyd Reese. I hated losing Runyan many moons ago. While I think (thought?) Reese has done many good things, it has been a long time and I think our drafts speak volumes (as if one Dyson didn't suck enough, we drafted TWO).

Chris Hope has been on winning teams his whole life. He comes to our organization and says the tempo at practice was not there. When the players were at APSU, one of the security guards made the comment that Pac and Lendale were always out past curfew. Who is in charge? Where is the respect? Where is the intensity? I was embarrassed by the Jacksonville game last season. Absolutely awful. I know it is preseason, but Denver looked the same to me. I blame all of this on Jeff Fisher.

Don't get me started on Schwartz. Or, for that matter, Chow.

As things have progressed thus far, it appears to me that drastic action needs to be taken. No, I really don't want to fire Fisher or Reese. I would, however, like an offering. Fire someone or bring back Diamond. Do something. Get the ship under control and moving in the right direction. Show some heart. I don't expect the Super Bowl, but I expect a team with discipline that smacks opposing teams (not their fiancees) in the mouth.

2. jstanley1730

jstanley1730 Camp Fodder

If you would have told me a few years ago that McNair would be the starting QB for the Baltimore criminals i would have found the nearest bridge and jumped. I am a huge pac man fan, but this is ridiculous.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

If we have another 4-12 or 5-11 season then I think Reese and the coaches need to be shipped out.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not sure I follow. Your beef is with talent and discipline. That is Reese and Fisher. If that is indeed the reality, doing anything else but removing those who make the decisions in those areas is like putting a bandaid on a broken leg.

Removing either right now is premature. And I don't know if it is even warrented if the Titans go 5-11 if they are competitive and show improvement and heart at the end of the season. To me, that is the key.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I agree with that, they have to show improvement this year or I do think that both Reese and Fisher's performances need to be examined closely. But the only way they can go 5-11 IMO is if it is another 04 year where half our starters miss significant playing time. IF this team stays moderately healthy and we still only win 4 or 5 games, then either the coaching sucks, the players suck, or both, and if that is the case then Fisher and Reese both need to be evaluated and at least one of them has to go IMO, depending on if it seems the problems are with the players or the coaching.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If we go 5-11 with few injuries Fisher is gone. I'm not sure about Reese considering CAP problems caused by trying to win early this decade were the main cause. He may have some excuse and we really don't know if Pacman or Young were Reese picks. Bud could have been the one pulling the trigger on those and we will not know what Young can do for at least another year.

Drafting good players is a crap shoot for all GMs. The odds are simply not that great when picking out of the first round and if you look back 5 years at the guys drafted on the first round you will see a bunch that never made it.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I disagree Soxcat. I think Fisher is safe.

8. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i dont know when/if any of these heads will roll... but they all need to.

steve watterson... just what exactly has he done for us... rather "to" us in the last five or so years. no team in the NFL gets injured as much as us. Indy has stayed remarkably heathy for a while and they play on turf. makes no sense to me.

Floyed Reese... i dont even know why i capitalized his name... he doesnt deserve that kind of respect as of late. even if lendale and vince are going to be the best football players in the history of the world... its not like he did something crazy to get them. we traded down in the second to get somebody else and lendale happened to still be there. other than troupe who has been good since bulluck? we also constantly let good vets pass by in free agancy only to have the salary cap go up and now many wont be available for a few more years

schwatrz... do i need to explain?

lamont thompson... cut him or make him a back up now!

peter sirmon... i thought he would be much improved this year since its been two years since his knee... well, i was wrong

both our gaurds should be backups.

our D ends are atrocious. KVB is an over achiever. i love his motor but it wont last unless we get some top flight talent at the other side of the line

rich gardener, donnie nicky... why? why? why? why are they on an nfl team?

flemming... loved tht talent. hate the production

mauck.. theres better third options out there that are just as young//cheap.

calico... yes he coulda been the next TO. problem is i think he's heard that too many times and forgot how to catch the ball. which happens to be a very important ingrediant to being a good reciever. i still say we keep him for the next two preseason games and see what he does before we just cut him. some reciever... prolly two/three (thanks again watterson!) will get hurt this year and we will regret it though. but he has to produce and it aint happening here.

thats the main problems now.

who needs to be kicked in the arse a few times? just about everybody else save bulluck, thornton, hope, mawae, and VY

we got a ways to go

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Agree. Just 5-11 alone won't do it.
    Now....5-11 with a "lost" locker room and more arrests than wins..... that could get him canned.

10. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

my head and the rest of my body will be rolling all the way down the steps if we are down by three touchdowns in the first quarter ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar