When Will The Titans Stop Being A Busch League Franchise!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

When will the Titans organization the upper managment stop acting like idiots and turning in a brief period of time a winning and class act team and frenchise into a busch league shotty and low ball organization.

I am just not sure where this franchise stands with its fans, and certainly its players and its obvious they dont care at all for any of its players no matter what they have done for the franchise, the community or anything else. Going back to the Godfrey situation he took a pay cut when they asked him because he wanted to be part of the team and a week later he is cut without hesitation. Now I understand the Salary cap has had its effects on other teams around the league and buisness is buisness but there is also good buisness and doing buisness and not caring if its done well or badly.

The massive pay cut of DMase, K Carter, S Rolle etc and the lot of them were not even informed they were getting cut according to Mason he found out the following day in the newspaper and with all those guys and what they gave to the Titans they could not have even recieved a phone call letting them know what was going on to me that is just poor buisness.

We all know the Mcnair situation its a mess. The biggest name this city and team have known and has been the face and the warrior for the Titans and again the Upper Management folks (Adams) really showed there true colors they dont give a damn about anyone that plays here and that has me very concerned for the future of this Franchise. I love the Titans dearly I am just very concerned about the direction and the face this franchise is and continuing to be maybe there might be change in direction. Is there really any hope in this franchise showing some class and respect????

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

This thread is so overdue. Good job!

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

This ain't high school football, you know. Those guys, McNair, Godfrey, Mason ect all knew their value to the team. It is a business, leave your college rooting fan knowledge at home. The team has to look out for the best interest of the whole not McNair's feelings or any other players for that matter. The truth is that McNair(look I'm a fan, got an signed photo in my office that cost me $100 to prove it), is on the down side of his career and unfortunately for him/us that came at a time for the team that it had a chance to draft a QB of the future that will play a lot sooner than McNair wanted. Do you or anyone else really believe that McNair will play this entire new contract with the Ratbirds, or even this entire season for that matter without injury? I highly doubt it.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The players have been well compensated for everything they've done while part of the team.

And don't forget that it was Rolle and Mason who wouldn't restructure so we could keep Eddie (by "coincidence" they all had the the same agent). Kearse was demanding a pay that he was not worth and he since gone on to prove he isn't worth it in Philly.

Secondly, don't give me crap that Mason didn't know he was going to get cut. We were neckdeep in captrouble and had to trim some of our highest paid players. If he didn't realise he was one of them, he's dumber than he looks.

About Kevin Carter we released for the same reason, we couldn't afford him at his current salary, but it was our hope to re-sign him to a new contract later, unfortunately the Dolphins gave him a better deal.

The whole reason the Titans have been in caphell is because we've gone overboard compensating these players for their services rendered, so they get no pity from me.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans organization has made it's share of public relations blunders lately which, regardless if they want to acknowledge it or not, has impacted how many fans feel about the team. They clearly should do a better job.

Players were released. It's the NFL. It happens.

But the franchise and many of its players have done a lot for the community and I think it is extremely unfair to make a blanket statement like that when the facts state otherwise.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Although I agree with the points you made I couldn't help noticing a more important failure of our public school systems.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Jeff, I don't know who you're responsinding to (you really should learn to use the quote tags :brow:), so I'll assume it's me.

My point is these particular players that the fans are upset about are being paid millions in compensation for the job they do. And that's including the off-field work and the risks of being fired basically day to day.

If there's anyone you should feel bad about it's the players who don't make millions and who are cut arbitrarily around the league. Yet you don't see any fans champion their cause (well maybe OJ Small and Reynaldo are the exceptions :lol:).

I would feel exactly the same if Steve Balmer was out on his *** tomorrow; he too is well compensated for that risk.

8. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Its amazing how many people still dont understand this. None of those guys took pay cuts. They had future unguaranteed salaries turned into a guaranteed signing bonus that they got immediately. Not a single one of these guys gave up a dollar. Godfrey was the only one who actually took a paycut.

9. TitanJeff

It was to the original poster of the thread.

10. TitanJeff

And let's remember Godfrey was bringing home a big paycheck and couldn't stay on the field for half the season in '02. Though you can't blame the guy for getting hurt, the team didn't see much of a return on investment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar