Where are the TE's?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Upright7, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I just went a head and fixed that for you.

Also, it's not like Thompson is just starting his career and still has a lot of room to grow or anything.

There is so much faulty logic here it's funny. Maybe the fact that our offensive line is playing poorly and our HB's are injuried/soft might have something to do with this.[/quote]

2. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

We rarely target Stevens, so that will affect his stats. How many NFL drops does he have? I have seen Stevens make some tough catches at clutch moments for this team, so I don't know where you are getting your info. As far as college goes, who really cares?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Stevens has 2 drops his entire career.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yay he has 3 clutch catches out of all 20 passes he's caught in 4 years. Woop-t-doo. 1 clutch catch does not an amazing receiving TE make.

If he's such a baller receiving TE, then why doesn't he play more? Why did we bother signing Delanie Walker?

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

[/quote]

So he is such an amazing blocker that literally every other facet of the offense has to be firing on all cylinders for him to be effective?

YAY OMG LIKE TOTALLY WORTH A 3RD ROUND PICK! HE'S A BEAST BLOCKING TE THAT CAN REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF EVERYONE ELSE IS BEASTING AT THE SAME TIME!!! WOOOOHOOOO!

6. JCBRAVE

You can't talk to Alex about TE's

7. Upright7

8. Upright7

My point is that we have at least 2 TE's that can catch the ball and we only target Walker. We don't target Walker very often. It would throw teams off guard if we started spreading the ball out and got Stevens the ball every so often! Even 1 pass a game would help!

9. JCBRAVE

Problem with Stevens is; who comes off the field for him? Wright, Washington, Williams? Stevens is a good receiver, but he's the least athletic guy that can catch, its a good thing he's MIA

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Not even the best blocking TE's cannot make up for the fact that the OL and HB's are playing poorly. Craig Stevens was over drafted and it was a bad decision by our FO to take him in the 3rd but that's not Stevens' fault but to find flaws in his game where there are none is asinine. He is a above average to good blocker with reliable hands that does not have the route running or athleticism to be a pass catching threat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar