Where do you rate Pacman?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by deeluxx3, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

When your making a list of your top CBs, where do you put Pacman?

Im being semi-homeristic here, but IMO he is the 2nd best cover corner in the game, behind Bailey. That said, he was in the top 2 for completition percentage and top 2 for yards per pass allowed. He also allowed 1 completition out of 10 on deep out routes.

So, my rankings would be...

1. Champ Bailey
    2. Pacman Jones.
    3. Al Harris
    4. TIE between Mathis, Asomugha, Newman

2. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

i think it's one of the better games to come out of arcade game era. granted, there isn't a movie out called "king of pacman" but i think it really added something to gaming in the end.

:sarcasm:

3. Haynesworth92

Haynesworth92 Fat Albert

I'd say he's top 10 in the league when he's on the field, but it's hard to actually rank cornerbacks and there's so much difference in opinion. Hopefully he can come back after 10 games, he's been quiet lately.

4. Well now that u say that hes going to come back with avengence.

5. elgatogordo

elgatogordo Guest

I'd put him at about 5 to 10. Years.

6. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

seriously....where do you guys rank him among other corners in the league?

7. elgatogordo

elgatogordo Guest

I think he's been over-hyped somewhat as a corner. I believe he has (had?) the potential to be a top 10 corner, but I haven't seen it on the field. I think the stats back me up here as well.

Pacman among CB's and safeties (NFL.com categorizes them both as db's) last year -

18th interceptions
    37th passes defensed
    79th tackles

That's not the numbers you get from one of the top corners in the league. Again, I will agree there's tons of potential there, but potential doesn't win games. And even his potential is taking a hit now, because the only person on the team he's allowed to work out with is Tina Tuggle. When he comes back, he'll be rusty.

Now, as a returner, I think he is absolutely one of the best in league. Stats back THAT up.

If there was an official ranking of most exciting players to watch, he'd be in the top 3.

8. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I agree with the last post .... he is a pretty good corner but no where near the top like Bailey. I would love to have him back because I really saw this year as his breakout for corner but he just couldn't keep his nose clean. Now if we were talking all around "football player" well of course no one compares.

9. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

No offense, but those stats dont tell anywhere near the whole story. Teams dont even pass the pall to Pac's side. How is he supposed to pick it off, bat it down, or make a tackle when the ball is never thrown near him.

Like I said, when passes are thrown is side, he is top 2 in compleition percentage and yards per attempt. He is ahead of Bailey in both categories.

10. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Considering he isn't going to be on the field, I'd rate him last among all active corners...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar