Where does the blame go for last year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

When trying to predict how we'll do next year I have a hard time breaking down this team. I've come to the conclusion that last year we had one of the worst coaching staffs in the NFL and now we have one that actually knows what they're doing. It really comes down to a handful of players...

Michael Griffin- He's a top 10 safety in the NFL but doesn't show it consistently. Will go on a hot streak for a few games then come to a freezing cold stop. Will the new staff get the best out of him?

Cortland Finnegan- A couple years ago he was in the conversation as a top 3 CB in the NFL. The past couple seasons have been mediocre and sometimes embarassing. Was this the product of the system or just a 1 year wonder?

Chris Johnson- I really do feel sorry for CJ. Him and White were a great combo but then White just fell off into a cloud of burgers, shakes, and well fat. Then him and VY were taking over the NFL running over everyone but VY decides to act like a baby and a punk and he's out the door. How can they get him back on track and will they actually use him more than just running up the middle?

Jared Cook Jr- Was one of the few that really liked this pick. Thought he was going to be the next best thing at TE because if he could be productive with the QB's they had in South Carolina then why not in the NFL? Well limited playing time killed that but seemed to come around late in the season, still a chance for him.

Alterraun Verner- One of the fan favorites already and played pretty well when he was on the field. Then McCourty came in and kinda screwed it up. I see him as a guy in the future but not sure how high his ceiling will go.

I didn't mention a LB because honestly I don't like any of them. We have the worst LB core in the NFL, very confident in saying that. You can't look at the stats because when you put out 3 guys to start they're going to produce somehow but by just watching them they're pretty bad. Tulloch has no pass coverage skills, McRath looks lost at times, and Witherspoon was a bright spot but how much does he have left?

One fan can just blame the past coaching staff. Blaming Fisher for the VY fiasco, not playing the right players, not making adjustments, and sticking to fisherball. Then go off on how Dinger doesn't know what to do with CJ and Cecil wasting the talent we have on defense.

Another fan can blame the players. VY and Britt always being in trouble, Jason Jones not living up to the hype, Finnegan and Griffin are overrated, our LB's suck, and the offensive line isn't making any holes for CJ.

So which is it? I have to put most of the blame on the staff. This also means that we're going to be a lot better next year and might even make a playoff run. We have the talent to be a playoff team we just have to get it going.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Most of the blame goes to Vince Young for his Washington after game meltdown and to Jeff Fisher for his stale coaching.

But let's not give the players a pass. I've seen A LOT of quitting out of the players we have in the last two seasons.

That's one reason I would approve of wholesale trading of our current players for future draft picks...

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

A ship needs a captain.

A good crew will man their positions without direction for a while but once the Captain is exposed as an asshat discipline nad motivation falls apart.

The players get a lot of money and we expect them not to quit when a coach is done a team will implode.

On top of that we lost our QB just as he was hitting his stride.

The whole season was a fluster cuck. Fisher should have been canned after 2009.

4. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Jerry Gray is going to do wonders for this secondary. Especially Griffin.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Coaching and QB was our biggest problem. Man im glad VY,Fisher and Cecil is gone.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We really have no idea how this team will do next season (if there is one) because last year was just so crazy.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I blame every single person in our organization from Bud Adams down and the players. The thing I am most excited about with the Renaissance our team is having is the fact that Munchek is going to bring a new attitude and culture to our locker room.

It makes me sick to see our players quit the way they have for the last two years. It's embarrassing to see the Steelers go 3-1 with Charlie fricken' Batch under center but we can only mange 3-12 w/o Young.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

From the looks of it, VY and Fisher. They're the ones not here anymore.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Players, coaches and management all had a hand in what happened last year. I think it's too easy to dump the blame on Fisher or Young when I saw a drop off at almost every position and a coaching staff which couldn't adjust.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar