Where does Vince rank among playoff QB's?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nate42104, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Rank these 12 QB's that made the 2008 playoffs. As I ranked them, I felt much worse about our Titans offensive future. When our "franchise player" isn't even among the top half of all playoff QB's, that can't be good.

Vince - Tennessee
    Rothleisberger - Pitt
    Rivers - SD
    Garrard - Jax
    Brady - NE
    Manning - Indy
    Eli Manning - NYG
    Garcia - Tampa
    Romo - Dallas
    Favre - Green Bay
    Hasselbeck - Seattle
    Campbell - Washington

Ok, here's my list....
    Brady
    P. Manning
    Favre
    Romo
    Garrard
    Rothleisberger
    Hasselbeck
    Eli
    Garcia
    Vince
    Rivers
    Campbell

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

You're right, the only qb who can run and pass is Vince Young.

1. Vince
    2. Brady
    3. P. Manning
    4. Favre
    5. Romo
    6. Garrard
    7. Rothleisberger
    8. Hasselbeck
    9. Eli
    10. Garcia
    11.Rivers
    12. Campbell

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Vince at #1? I guess that adds a lot of validity to your posts.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Why does my ranking offer less validity than yours? Vince is clearly the best rushing qb in the playoffs. The fact you immediately knocked it down shows me that your only purpose for this thread is to spit on Vince Young, and if you want to do that, expect to get spat on right back. If you want to have a valid post, with valid responses, put some effort into your post and put up some justification.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Todd Collins was the Washington QB.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yeah, I'm not sure you can justify ranking Washington's QB behind Vince when you don't even know who played QB for Washington.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

What are these ratings based on anyway? How could anyone rank Rivers below Young when he clearly outplayed him in our game? PhiSlammaJamma has no validity at all, obviously.

8. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Are you ranking them purely on thier running abilities? That is the only excuse thats reasonable for your ranking Vince as the best QB in the league. Otherwise its a joke. (and if that was the case Brady and Manning wouldn't be at the top)

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I guess I was very vague on what to rank them on - ***if you had a QB on your team for next season, who would it be?***

To PhiSlamma: The point of my post was not to split Vince from the rest, however as I was ranking my QB's, I surprised myself at how low Vince was on my own list. And, i gasped when I realized he is the single face of our team.

As far as Washington's QB, I almost put Campbell/Collins as a package, or just left them out because they have issues at that position right now. Either would be near the bottom so it will not effect much.

I personally put Rivers so low because I believe he is a product of his offense and does not impress me. I'm hoping Vince is the exact opposite of that, and once he gets some playmakers, that he will thrive.

10. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

To further clarify ....on passing ability alone, Vince would be at the very bottom of the list. If the Titans use him effectively like his rookie season and the way he has been successful his entire life, I believe he would fit somewhere around 4th-6th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar