Where is VY? (all things Vince Young goes here)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by grindtime, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Love the sig, i'm falling in love with him and what i'm seeing, and, that, is, dedication. VY was lacking.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Lacking in what area on the field exactly?

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Both were all good. The reason we didn't win the Super Bowl last year wasn't because of Vince. Sorry dude. Facts don't lie.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

One person thought VY would take us to the superbowl, and besides VY is leaps and bounds better than anyone we can realistically get this year. Or is Locker, Ponder, Mallet, Kolb, Palmer, Bulger, Smith, Simms, Collins better than VY? Why not keep him for a year, see how it pans out rather than investing in some mediocre scrub and setting the franchise back another 5 years.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

actually football stats lie all the time. Throwing for 300 yards is most often done by teams trailing on the scoreboard, lots of rushing yards are gained by the losing team running into the teeth of a prevent D, a sorry DL means lots of tackles for the MLB and a worse D overall - plus a trip to the pro-bowl for the MLB because stats do lie.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

His record as a Titan, his stats last year, and his constant improvement in numbers show a strong correlation that he's on the rise.

7. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Why is this thread still going? VY is gone, he was immature and dumb. He was not going to bring us a super bowl in my eyes so the VY era is over and so is this topic. VY who?

8. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Never over til it's over and he has yet to be released. We just brought in a guy who's claim to fame is helping to develop qb's and elevate their game. I think they have publicly stated he is gone but I also think they would be idiots just to release him. If they don't get a good offer, I think they keep him. Maybe I'm wrong but I wouldn't just cut him free.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It's normal for a new HC to want to put his own stamp on the team.

Nothing we've heard from Munchak indicates that he likes anything about Vince Young.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think if he hated Young, he'd be a lot more verbal. He was there when the whole situation took place so he knows the story better than any of us do.

The Dinger firing is what keeps this whole thing going. Dinger and Fish were close and Munch gave him the ax. There was clearly a divide amongst the coaches (3 coaches bailed on Fish) so the big issue is whether Munch was on Fish's side, the other coaches side, or neutral.

Not all of the coaches were against Vince even after the altercation (VY's position coach wants him in Minny which is telling).

I agree with the above poster. If there's not good trade options, you don't release a good QB to go after average QB's who are only gonna be used 1 season. Even if the plan is to start over at QB, you keep your QB who's talent you know as opposed to risking your season on somebody else.

This thread is going on because Vince hasn't been released or traded yet.

Jeff Fisher was still supposed to be our head coach right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar