Where is VY? (all things Vince Young goes here)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by grindtime, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

And now he has signed a 1-year deal with the Packers.

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

VY could get a ring.

2nd only to watching the Texans willing a championship.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Dear god if VY gets a ring before this franchise......

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Side note, Packers play Fisher's Rams in WK2 of the preseason. I might even break out the ole VY jersey on that day.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

he did say he will be the next black quarterback to win a Superbowl. Any black dudes ( including backups) win one since 2010?

6. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Dream Team!

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Tyrod Taylor was Flacco's backup.

8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Can't wait to see him pull a hammy running to the side line and sit and watch as the Packer's 3rd string comes in.

9. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Vince Young is back in the NFL. Now he has to prove he belongs.

The former Titans quarterback on Monday signed a one-year deal with the Green Bay Packers after working out for the team earlier in the day.

“It has been a long time coming,’’ running back Chris Johnson said of Young. “He has been working hard, trying to get back in the league and I am glad he finally did, and he stuck to his dream.

“I think he can stick. Vince is a very talented guy. Once you get him on the field he does nothing but make plays, ever since college or since he has been in the league.”

Young, the third overall pick by the Titans in 2006, last played with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2011. The Bills signed him after his departure from Philadelphia, but he was released.

Young will compete for the No.2 job in Green Bay with Graham Harrell, behind starter Aaron Rodgers.

Titans receiver Nate Washington thinks it’s a perfect fit.

“It is an organization with a lot of history. He may not get a starting job, but he’ll be under some guys who will really complement him on being a professional,’’ Washington said.

“I am excited for Vince, and I think any time a guy is out of his profession for as long as he has been you take a different perspective on things. He’ll take a different perspective, and I think he’ll enjoy playing football all over again.”

Not many Titans are around from Young’s playing days with the Titans. He played from 2006-2010 in Tennessee before being released. His last year was tainted by a locker room confrontation with former Titans head Jeff Fisher.

Washington, for one, thinks Young’s controversial exit in Tennessee has kept him from landing in the NFL.

Receiver Kenny Britt agreed.

“Being in this league, it can turn nice guys into monsters at times, but on the field and off the field he is one of the nicest persons I know. He’s not a bad guy at all,’’ Britt said. “I am excited for Vince, and a am happy for him. He definitely deserves to be in the NFL.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

10. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

:biglaugh:

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar