Where is VY? (all things Vince Young goes here)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by grindtime, Feb 10, 2011.

1. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

Dude you are hispanic in arizona....... ya know. Sgereotypes and all ;);)
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. 520

520 Starter

I do everythin i.can to avoid baseball lol. Really had no clue it was already goiin on...let alone that deep into the season
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

That would suggest that an internal hire was responsible for that extra yard, the defensive and offensive coaching and/or plays necessary to then win in OT. Ridiculous.

The point that was being made was obvious. It's insane to continue doing the same things and expect different results. Munchak was clearly an "inside hire"- with little to no exposure to non-Oiler/Titan methods.

Some Super Bowls wins would suggest that the franchise's "way" of doing things was worthy of maintaining. However (and unfortunately), this franchise has none. So injecting fresh methods from other franchises with winning traditions is a worthwhile venture.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 As old as Titan. Tip Jar Donor

Sadly the franchise does NOT have a history of continuing to make internal hires, but somehow that doesn't keep you from repeating the myth.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

we're talking about munchak. Sadly, you can't seem to grasp that.
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

I too was hoping for new ideas and wanted one of yhe other guys. Fewell was my favorite. Also found it funny that the other guys were all former bills head coaches.

Munch is a guy the front office probably looked on as having all the right charactoristics of a good head coach. Sadley though he had only worked under one head coach. He did not have a good breadth of experience. That and he ended up with the worst coaching staff in the nfl. Which was not entirelly his fault. If i remember chris palmer was basically hired out of deaperation.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

good points
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 As old as Titan. Tip Jar Donor

except your entire post was about the organization doing the same thing over and over, which it doesn't. Maybe you don't understand what you are writing?
  9. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

Wrong again. My post you quoted specifically referenced Munchak was an internal hire. Take your medicine.
  10. 520

520 Starter

O snap!