Where the heck is Lendale?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I was pretty excited about our 2nd pick figuring his attitude would be ok now that he was a professional. But now that he has missed the first two days of training camp I'm begining to be very concerned. I mean come on. His late contract signing is not a legit excuse for missing this much training camp. What the heck is going on with him? Anyone else find this disheartening?

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I heard last night that his contract has to be approved by the NFL before he can report

3. DynamoSupremo

DynamoSupremo F-Back

He was in LA when the contract terms were agreed to. With all of the other picks around the league signing, its probable the league office has a backup of contracts to approve. He'll be there, don't worry.

4. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Well then how is it Vince's contract was already approved but not White's. For all practical purposes they were completed at the same time. It seems to me White would Fly to Nashville as soon as he signed in aticipation of the thing being approved.
    Don't get me wrong I'm not hitting the panic button yet, I'm just a little concerned.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I think VY was already in town where LW wasn't. (See Dynamo's post above your's) Even though the contract was agreed upon there were probably a few things that needed checking by the NFL..don't worry he will be there.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

VY contract got allot more press. It was probably top priority as the #3 overall. I think allot of us like White but if you pull yourself away from the Titans who do not get allot of press anyway; White was a 45 overall pick and 4 1st round picks just got signed.

He basically got lesser priority or that is my best guess.:))

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

VY and his agent were already in Nashville, LW and his agent did everything in LA- meaning the process is a bit longer since they aren't face to face with Reese and everyone isn't at the same place to sign the contract and do all the legal stuff- LW is prolly just now arriving to camp

8. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

LenDale and his agent knew when camp started... I dont understand why they couldnt have been in Nashville too. Even so, that is a reason why he wasnt in camp on Friday. Surely there were planes that flew between LA and Nashville on Friday, so he should have been there yesterday. I'm starting to smell somthing rotten.

#90 Camp Fodder

Contract was a day later getting to LA, and probably a day behind in the hopper @ the NFL. And like others said, he takes a back seat to the other higher profile 1st round picks. No big deal. He could have been sitting in a hotel in Nashville on Saturday, but until the NFL says its a go, he's got no choice.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

By listening to Fisher, he clearly expected him at practice yesterday.

I won't go into any of the rumors floating around here though we might start a thread in the Rumor Mill if he's not at camp today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar