Where the Schwartz bashers go?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

A few of us Schwartz bashers have surfaced in the 'I'm not here to bury Schwartzie but praise him' thread.
    http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?p=210750#post210750

Prior to the board going down we we're on our way to running the Fire Schwartz ad in the Tennessean but all the stuff that was posted on it was conveniently missing on TJ's backup hard drive :grrhee:

Time will tell if Mr Schwartz deserves to keep his job but he's come up with two good schemes the last two weeks & deserves some credit for it. His goal line play calling at the end of the Colts game was woefully predictable & costly but there are signs of a turn around.

I can't see anything but our D giving the Texans a mauling so any Schwartz bashing would be unnecessary & negative.

PS: Lamont still sucks:))

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

what's hard is you want the Titans to win but you want Schwartz to do bad.

4. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I said it in two years ago, I said it last year and I will say it again. He needs to go. As good as our defense did last week, they could have done better. The bottom line, with another DC we would have won more games over the past few years. You have to give credit to Schwartz for the defense stepping up because he gets all the criticism when they play bad. But, it's hard to tell how much of their improvement is due to people (namely Bulluck) demanding change from the players and coaches. How much of this improvement was driven by Schwartz? I don't know the answer so I have to give him credit. His success actually proves my point!!!! If we were capable of playing well last week on defense, what about the other 5 weeks? I was on the side that thought we had enough talent to be better than what was shown on the field. He STILL needs to go.

5. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Our thread died when the site died a week ago.
    Jeff, I think you pulled the site just to kill the thread :)

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Dat right!

It was either that or change the name of the site to "GoSchwartz.com"!!

7. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

I think TJ may have a man crush on Schwartzie...:ha:

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I might have to hit dat warning meter for that comment. ;)

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I don't know exactly what it was that made our D play so much better the last couple of games but it's workin... Several of the players (KVB and KB to name a couple) were giving praise to the coaches in last weeks and this weeks games. I'll admit that I had already thrown in the towel on this season and was ready for some coaching changes but if these guys turn it around than they should stay. By "turn it around" I mean win 5 or 6 more games. We are still the 2nd youngest team in the league and even the comentators were commenting on how good we looked for being so young. People can say what they want about Schwartz, and maybe some of it is completly warranted, but he's done a great job in the last two games. Gregg Williams sure didn't lood like the Defensive Goo-Roo that he's made out to be by several people on here.

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

washed-up? :irked:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar