Where To Spend The Money,offense Or Defense??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TITANFANATIC911, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

That's exactly my point, he's worth more, the Colts gave up more, I don't think they'd give him for less, although the point about the cap is good, but I think they should be alright for next season with Manning's renegotiation.

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'd like us to get Lamar Woodley

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Making a move for a guy like McFarland sounds good to me. He is a proven player and the draft is a crap shoot anyway. If the Colts were willing to let him go for a 3rd rounder we would be stupid not to jump.

If we can also reneg with Haynesworth to get his number down a little we could be set at DT.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

They paid a bit more than we'd be asking, but the point is they probably won't get anything for him after next season when his contract is up since he'd probably want a nice contract, they will again be tight against the cap and won't be in a position to franchise him.

So the question is...do they keep him for next season OR give him up for a bit less than they paid in order to get a solid 3rd rnd draft pick (with which they could take a decent DT).

They are either gonna play for now or start cleaning up their cap so they can make a run at the SB for the next 4-5 yrs. Trading us McFarland would be one good way for them to start cleaning up their cap.

Gut

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

My guess would be the Colts franchise Freeney and keep McFarland so they can keep their DL intact for a run at the SB this year. Basically the Colts could dump McFarland and do some other things to ease the CAP hit down the road but like the Titans were they would also be defeating the purpose which is to get to another SB. They will already lose some players off thier defense including Cato June. I say they keep McFarland for one more year while their window of opportunity is open. They can deal with replacing McFarland after this year.

6. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

:werd:

7. McFarland isn't going anywhere,but..

Mcfarland is gonna stay with Indy and its Dungy's guy anyway who he brought from Tampa but their is another guy on Indy i wouldn't mind getting,Corey Simon(6'2, 310).He signed with Indy from Philly and pretty much hit the IR with an undisclosed illness.Word is he is getting released so why not give him shot.Another big body next to Haynesworth and add some depth to the D-line.Sounds crazy buy why not.We took a chance on a guy who ripped both Knees out and look what happened,he starts on our D-line now.Need i say more???????

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Maybe but only maybe if your thinking round 2 no way we take him round 1.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

That would be my guess too...but that's how I'd sell it to the Colts...maybe even add another couple of later picks to 'makeup' the value difference on the draft pick trade chart. I'll also tell them they would then be able to re-sign Cato June.

I wouldn't go for it if I were the Colts but it'd also depend on what's going on with Freeney and his contract! If Freeney is gonna leave, they HAVE to keep McFarland.

Gut

10. Archtitan

Archtitan Guest

They'll end up keeping both Freeney and McFarland.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar