Where were you 12 years ago?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dman, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Being from NY, living about 30 mins from NYC out on Long Island, I had to post this today and knowing a few people that lost their lives in the towers. Just curious where people were on 9/11 when everything happened. I was in class myself, my father however was close to the city and saw the whole thing happen. RIP all those that lost their lives.... gone but not forgotten! 9/11 We Will Never Forget!

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I was in Sophomore Biology class waiting for 1st period to start, and I remember all the teachers running around to turn on their TVs in their classes. That's all we did all day in all classes, was watch the news.

4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

i still remember the fighter jets over my school.... kind of scary and puts everything in perspective. Ill never forget the burning rubber smell the next day.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

My great-great-great grandson was At UT. He watched TV almost every morning but for some reason he listened to music that morning. Didn't find out until a friend called and he turned on the TV in time to see the first tower fall. And he had a really difficult finance class that semester and yes they had class and he sat through the whole ****** thing. That was really weird because at the time no one else knew what could happen that day or if there were attacks going on while he was sitting in class.

Also saw a guy he knew walking back to his car from early morning class. He was pissed because that was the day his dad let him start trading some money in stocks. He was like I don't understand why my trades won't go through!! My great grandson was like "cause the country is under attack, go turn on a TV". He didn't believe him.

Ok for the funny story.... he had a friend in NYU when the attack happened. Friend saw the 2nd plane hit the tower from the balcony of his apartment. Make this story short... he and his buddy had been out partying 3-4am late the night before. His buddy lives in same apartment complex and calls him, "man what is going on. I woke up and there is like nobody anywhere in our building." Dude slept through the whole thing.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I was only in 6th grade, I don't really remember much. I just remember they allowed the 6th graders and the majority of the teachers to watch the live TV broadcasts in the gym. Didn't really understand what was going on being that young.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Message on Facebook from Canada:

Write a comment...
    Options
    [​IMG]
    Stephen Harper

Today, our country remembers the thousands of lives lost – including 24 Canadians – in New York, Virginia and Pennsylvania following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

Like the rest of the world, Canadians were shocked at the hateful acts executed by members of Al-Qaeda, which were an assault on the values and freedoms that Canada and western nations hold dear.

Yet in those darkest hours, there were also remarkable displays of humanity: acts of bravery and generosity shown by first responders, the military, volunteers, and good Samaritans, such as those in Gander, Newfoundland, who joined together to help support, house, feed and comfort those in need.

9/11 also prompted the United States and its allies, including Canada, to initiate stronger and more effective measures to prevent and fight global terrorism. Recent terrorism-related arrests in Canada and the United States have underscored the necessity of these tough measures to protect the security of all Canadians.

I would also like to take this opportunity to mark our third annual National Day of Service. On this day, we pay tribute to those who lost their lives. We honour the ongoing service of the many who continue to fight terrorism and lend our support to the families, friends and all others who have suffered and sacrificed as part of this struggle. For those innocent victims and the brave men and women in uniform, we reaffirm together that terrorism will not undermine our way of life.

On this day, we encourage all Canadians to learn from their example and lend a helping hand in their community in recognition of the compassion and kindness that was demonstrated on that tragic day and in the events and battles that have since followed.
    [​IMG]

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You didn't understand what was going on in the 6th grade?????

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I was a senior in high school, it was during what was normally speech class, but we were in the library doing research for our speeches. My teacher, Mrs. Marsh, sent me up to the office for something, and when I got there the lady working there told me to tell Mrs. Marsh that a plane had crashed into one of the World Trade Centers. So when I got back I did, and she replied, "OK, was it intentional or an accident?" and I'm like, "I dunno". Next up I had Economics, and he had the TV on, and I remember my teacher telling us that everything would be different now.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

I was directing the morning news at WKRN at the time. The show had ended a while prior and I was hanging out in the control room between news cut-ins during Regis and Kelly. We had th feed on our program monitor and I looked up to see the first tower smoking and as they were talking about it - guessing a fire or something - the second plane flew into the second tower.

Everyone was dumbfounded. Craziness in the newsroom with some in tears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar