Where would Tyler Wilson rank in this QB class???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I don't buy that the kid can't read a defense. That's one of the first things that gets checked out during the draft process. I think it's plausible that he was on par with the other QB's in an open competition but lost and was cut for a roster spot. Him being cut by the Raiders doesn't automatically mean the guy is a scrub. It does raise an eyebrow but that's it.

Let's say he really can't read a defense, don't you guys think the Titans would have noticed that when they brought him in? They were bringing in a lot of vet FA QB's around that time, don't you think they would have noticed the difference between these guys who can read defenses and a guy who is so bad at it he got cut by Oakland because of it? It's hard for me to believe that a guy can get drafted in the 4th and then be signed by a second team all without knowing how to read a D.

Players get cut by one team and go on to do well with another often enough that it's not unreasonable to think it can happen with Wilson. The dude is like 23 or so, and has yet to get a "real" shot, let's give him a shot before we label him a bust.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

It DOES seem crazy. My best guess is he said fu raiders and played really dumb on purpose. His college tape is good. Many draftniks liked the guy coming out. Myself included.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

31 teams in the NFL passed on this guy TWICE when he was on waivers last season.

He simply couldn't deal with the mental aspects of the game on a team with the worse group of QBs in the NFL. It's not like he was competing against top talent. He had to be totally lost to fall so far so fast.

Let's not kid ourselves in thinking he's any more than a camp arm who might show enough potential to make the practice squad.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Before the 2012 season, Sports Illustrated had him pegged as the #1 overall pick in the 2013 draft.

There's got to be something there... to where he's at the least good enough to be a backup. I would hope.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

JC says the raiders don't know crap so ignore that they cut him, they don't know what they are doing. So sign Russell then?

The coaching staff made the decision he was worthless before management did.

Every other team passed on him as well as Jeff said.

I equate Wilson with Brian Brohm who was once considered a 1st rd prospect and fell to late in the 2nd rd. After 2 preseason games with the Packers you knew he could not play in the nfl.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wilson will be cut to make room for David Carr who will be signed to mentor his little brother.

7. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Is this a joke? Because I have a really good sarcastic response about how David would refuse to help his little brother in the slightest without being on the team; despite the fact that he has been doing just that for Derek's entire life.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Its been widely talked about by both the Carr's and the media. Lets be honest, it isn't like David would be expensive and he is leaps and bounds above Whitehurst. Locker and the Carrs would be......okay.....I guess.....if you like Derrick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar