Where would you select VY in an open draft?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TdotTitansfan, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Take a moment to think about this. Imagine all 1800 NFL players were put into a pool and teams had to start from scratch. It is decided that there is going to be a draft. Which player would you select with the 1st pick overall? Remember you are starting a franchise and you must consider the future so things like age and potential will be a huge factor. With the 1st pick you also must consider position and who you want to build a team around. So who would be your 1st pick and where would you see VY being selected?

I really started thinking about this when talking to my friend who is a San Diego Chargers fan. He always boasts about LT and I do the same thing with VY. I told him that in an open draft I would take VY over LT. So that got me thinking about the scenario above. I think I would take VY with the #1 pick. Now I want your opinions.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

id probably take VY in the third round.

my first pick would be either LT or steven jackson.

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I would probably take Young #1 and try to follow that up in the second round with a Brian Urlacher or a Jason Taylor to build the defense around. The QB is such an important position and you can't overvalue a young QB with his kind of abilities

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The dinosaur qb's are almost dead, and the new legion is moving in. If you were to rank them today. I'd say they go like this...

1. Drew Brees
    2. Tony Romo
    3. Philip Rivers
    4. Carson Palmer
    5. Vince Young
    6. Matt Leinart
    7. Ben Rothlisberger
    8. Eli Manning
    9. Brady Quinn

IF I had to pick one, I'd take Vince Young only because he is the most fun to watch out of everyone. He's a must see. The others less so. Ben may be the best of the bunch too.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He'd be a backup player, seeing as I'd take at least 4 other qb's ahead of him. So not sure, maybe day 2 lol.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd build the Defense, O-Line and get a Running Back before getting a QB.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I know this, my first pick would not be a RB. Realistically how many fewer games would SD have won this year if they had Travis Henry as their RB instead of LT? I doubt that many less.
    I also would still take Brady or Manning even though they are older than VY. Manning is 31, Brady 30. You get a pro-bowl QB in his prime and as exciting VY is there are still unknows about his being able to be a complete QB. Also, he isn't going to be running around like he can now when he is 30 IMO. Manning or Brady might have close to the same number of productive years left as VY. Manning never misses games, doesn't get hurt and could easily play until he is 40 if he can stay healthy.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

In five years Manning will be a sub-par, long in the tooth, immobile quarterback.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

[​IMG]

10. I think some of you guys are crazy. How many other players in this league could have guided us to an 8-5 record in the 13 games Young played? There are not many players out there that can single handedly make the kind of impact that VY made. And you know what, he's only gonna get better! Thats the scary thing. Give me an impact player at the most important single position and a winner at #1. Young is going to win a lot of games over a long period of time. You can book it. The revolution of the QB position has begun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar