Where would you select VY in an open draft?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TdotTitansfan, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if i could pick any player in the league to build a team around, i would go with the proven quantity.

2. When these 2 RBs are wearing down Young will be in his prime. Not only is their life span shorter but quality RBs are a lot easier to find than a quality QB. Now I'm not saying LT or Stephen Jackson are one of these guys but there are good RBs out there that are a dime a dozen.

3. i would take VY first because hes my favorite player and hes got tons of potential and we kno that he can play at this level, and he gets everyone around him to play better

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, but we at least know that jackson and tomlinson are capable of playing at a high level year in and year out.

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Vince Young may be good. But hes definitly not worth taking when you have all these other QB's to choose from.

1st Pick. LT or LJ
    2nd Pick. Merriman or Freeny
    3rd Pick. Palmer

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well, he's got 2 out of 3 already :yes:

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Hate my pessimism, but I can't look at Vince as a GREAT player until well, he himself has a great season. Sure, he's off to a good start, but when he's been made stay in the pocket he hasn't been good at all.
    So this season will paint the picture. Now that teams know what to do with him. Eventually, he's going to have to play quarterback just like Vick. I hope he pans out better when he begins to do so.

8. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Interesting topic.

First off I would trade my 1st round pick to the Bears for Ron Rivera and a 3rd round pick.

2. Carson Palmer
    3. Chad Johnson
    3. Troy Polamalu
    4. Champ Bailey
    5. Pacman Jones

9. Be realistic. You wouldn't find Carson in the second or Champ in the 4th. It would be nice if it was that easy. To continue your trend I will go 6. Julius Peppers LOL.

10. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

If VY is not a star in the league very soon and for a long time, I will forever renounce any claim to know anything at all about football. In my mind, if he is not a sure thing, no one is. The instinct to prefer proven commodities is not unsound, but I'll go with Vince. He is at his best in the biggest situations, which is the most important attribute for a QB. Choice 1A would be Brady, because he has already proven to be a hero when the chips are on the table.

Gunny,

I agree with you about all other skill positions, in that I would build the lines, but great QBs are so scarce and can keep a team in contention for a decade. It takes a truly great team to mask poor QB play, and that team has to pray it never needs to pull off a 2:00 drive to win.

Picking a running back 1st overall would be laughably dumb. Most good running games in football are the product of the OL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar