where young has to improve

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont remember the last time we have tried that with any qb. mcnair, o'donnell, volek and collins included.

it seems like we just prefer to run it in or throw it shallow and let someone pound it in.

2. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Well, I didn't see but one pass I would consider a fade, and it was from 20 yards out, but those runs against Rice and OSU were amazing.

4. Bustahorn

Bustahorn Camp Fodder

When was the last Titans 24 point fourth quarter? Hmmm?? So if his passing mechanics were to your standards they would have scored 40?

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Not the point of the thread. No argument on this board that Vince it finding ways to make this team win, and that's fantastic. Note that the title of the thread is where he needs to improve. Even with that performance, he was 7th in the NFL in passer rating that week, and that's his best week.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that means a rookie was better than about 20 veteran qb's. i'll take that any time because he has the ability to improve, while a lot of those vets have maxed out their potential.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I certainly want him on our team, and think he's a great QB, but he's not a great passer yet. On his best day he was 7th, that means that this year he was not a great passer. That's all I was trying to say.

8. At times this year, David Carr has been at or near the top of the QB passer ratings chart..... anyone want to trade?

I didn't think so.

Anyone remember that made-for-ESPN college QB challenge they had last year? On the last event, the QB had to do some obstacle course and end it with a 40 yd deep corner into a trashcan (ie had to drop it in a bucket type pass). Vince was the only one make it (not to mention he was about twice as fast running the obstacles too).

9. TM

TM Starter

Most Texans fans :yes:

10. titanfan24

titanfan24 Guest

Bongo is spot on with this assessment

Everyone talked about his release point, but that isn't that big of a deal. Philip Rivers throws it sidearmed, Bernie Kosar did, Rich Gannon did, etc. Its Vince's footwork in the pocket that gets him into trouble. When he gets on balance, he flat throws it where he wants to. His three step drop has come miles since he started. On a three step drop, the most important step is the first one away from the center with you right leg (if you are a right-handed QB), because that is where you gain depth, because your second step shortens, and your third step is your setup. VY had the bad habit of staying in and doing a shuffle step with his left foot to make sure he secured the snap. This throws off timing, makes it more likely that your LG will step on you, etc. His footwork has come miles, I just hope Norm is here next year to refine him a little more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar