Where's Waldo, I mean Akeem?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Nov 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Where has Akeem Ayers been all year? I seriously don't recall him making a play at all this year.

I still like the guy and in no way intend this to belittle his talent at all, but he hasn't made a play this year. I was high as hell on him, but we need a play or 2 from him every now and then.

Have you guys seen him this year?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Dropping into coverage with the rest of the defense, including Jurrel Casey...

I really don't understand what we're trying to do on D. The first few weeks we were hellbent on making QBs uncomfortable, but ever since Rivers dink and dunked us we haven't been anywhere nearly as aggressive.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

They just are not blitzing him, and he is doing 'okay' in coverage. I like what we are doing with Brown, but we need to mix it up with them. It seems Brown has dropped off some because I bet coaches are scheming for it now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Casey at MLB today reminded me of Levon Kirkland back in the day. Ayers strong point in college was his coverage, but not so much in the NFL.

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Several times tonight, batting passes on 3rd down among other things. That's making a play. It was right before the DW fair catch block in the back play.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

That's only one play. I'm talking about the whole year. Making a play to me doesn't mean a tackle, a batted down pass from time to time or getting a flag that helps us out.

He was primed to be a legit cornerstone on this defense, but he has been really quiet as of late.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The middle of the field was wide open most of the game. 3rd-and-5 and Ayers is in full speed drop back mode leaving too much space. I don't get it.

I saw a lot of issues today with the DTs and LBs getting pushed around. A stud MLB needs to be on the wish list this next offseason.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I really wanted Ogletree but everyone thought I was crazy.

I mean I am, but not in this case.

9. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ya the play where Casey was covering Cook, I just laughed when I saw what it was LOL

10. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Ayers has never been a flashy playmaker, but he makes a lot of tackles. And you never really see him screwing up too badly. So I guess that's alright for a young linebacker for now..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar