Which excites you more in 08? (Offense or Defense)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, May 23, 2008.

?
  1. I'm more excited about our defense next season.

22 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. I'm more excited about our offense next season.

26 vote(s)
    54.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

technically we lost 3 guys. That's a whole lot of defensive line. I'm not saying that its a bad thing, but it is something that we should think about. I'm just not sure that Kearse is going to be as effective as Odom, and the rookies that are backing him up were reaches....so our d-line could potentially suck (atleast on one side)

KVB, Haynesworth, Brown, Kearse....which side is weaker?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Offense:

VY surely doing better than last season. (or so I pray)
    Chris Johnson being the Pacman type we saw in our offense, but far more often. (and returning kicks)
    The receivers being better. (couldnt be any worse)
    The tight end upgrades.
    Hawkins, Williams, Gage - guys I'm antsy about, but I have no idea how either will do.
    Ahmard Hall healthy.

Defense I'm more calm with. So there isn't much exciting there. Not looking forward to Harper being 1 year older.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I've actually bumped the offense behind Megan Fox of the Transformers movie, cause that girl is hot!

[​IMG]

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I was totally thinking about her today. That very same picture...her looking at the car. SHE IS SO F'ING HOT DUDE

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gloat name an nfl runningback in the last 7-8 years who has been a dominant return man year in and year out.

Pacman? No.

Hester? No

Justin miller? No.

Dante hall? No.

Most great return men are Wrs or CBs.

There were 3 RBs who had great seasons returning kick offs. L washington, sproles, cartwright and drew jones was solid. Let's see if they can duplicate that next year because historically they have not been that dominant.

No RBs among the top 10 punt returners.

6. Deuce Wayne

If you base all your opinions on NFL history, you're in trouble. Most RBs simply don't return kicks, so your entire argument is flawed. Mostly because WRs and CBs are the fastest guys on the team.

But guess what? They're not on our team. Devin Hester doesn't even have a position. He's just fast. And does OK returning kicks.
    But, I wasn't even talking about returning kicks or punts anyway. I was talking about OFFENSE. Having someone do what Pac did on offense. (usually get a first down just by being faster than the D)

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

what were we talking about again?

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:lol2:

Ok, we need a poll for which is the most ridiculous statement:

1) Tiger Woods isn't marketable.

2) Tim Duncan isn't a superstar.

3) Devin Hester is an OK kick returner.

I don't know if #3 would win, but it's in the same ballpark.

9. Deuce Wayne

I'm guessing you didn't catch that...

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

We all know what Devin Hestor can do with kick returns but what gloat was trying to say is that he doesn't do well at his chosen position. Like Daunte Hall and Pacman Jones, he is only known because of his return skills...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar