Which free agent signing will have the biggest impact in '13?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 17, 2013.

?
  1. Andy Levitre

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. Delanie Walker

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Sammie Hill

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Shonn Greene

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. Ryan Fitzpatrick

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. George Wilson

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  7. Bernard Pollard

20 vote(s)
    43.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I couldn't remember if we'd done this yet so, with another few days before camp opens, let's hear some opinions.

The results of this poll will be hidden until next Wednesday.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not only have we done this, weve done this now 3+ times.

But anyway, free agent has to be Levitre. Unlike last year we have no weak spots on the line, we can acctually execute the plays we have without having to dodge defenders 5-yards behind the line.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Danimal

Danimal Starter

With a due respect, the most impactful free agent will be Bernard Pollard, no doubt. I think his attitude and swager will ignite our whole defense. He has draw a line in a sand and I believe that if you aren't motivated to play with him he will open a can of Whop a$$ on you. Watch the way our defensive players act during the preseason and you will see what I mean.

• High Five High Five x 5
  4. idrockfan

idrockfan Savvy Vet

I'm thinking Levitre will have the biggest impact on measurable things like rushing yards, TD's, etc. I think Pollard will have a huge impact on the defensive mindset, though. Like Danimal said, the swagger and attitude will be completely different this year, and Pollard will be the main catalyst.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Voted for Wilson. I'll probably be the only vote he gets. I'm still not completely sold on Pollard. He hasn't been as good of a run stopper as Wilson, efficient tackler as Wilson, and far from Wilson in coverage. He does talk the talk though. I'll give him that. He's also younger than Wilson, and he hits like a hammer. I'll give him those too. Regardless, I believe inadequate safety play was the weakest part of the defense last season to the point our corners were pretty much playing safety, and Pollard and Wilson are both above and beyond what we had last season. I think we are very fortunate to be in this situation going into the season and I'm looking forward to seeing our revamped defense.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Danimal

Danimal Starter

I like the way you think, and you are spot on that Wilson is indeed a key player for our defense. He is such an upgrade to what we had last year, he can share the field with Pollard if we scheme that, or he and Pollard can come in and out keeping each other fresh. I like what each one brings . . . . . but I like Pollard just a bit more.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Levitre I think will because of added professionalism and skill along the O-line.

I hope it's Delanie Walker because that could mean big things happening on the offense.

8. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

MEYAH! kevin walter.png kevin walter.png kevin walter.png kevin walter.png kevin walter.png kevin walter.png

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Really... You are the thread starting police now? Lol

C'mon man

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar