Which free agents should the Titans try to obtain?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Those are the type of players that make it in the NFL. Even though I don't think he turned down way more money to stay with the Packers. Probably turned down money, but not a considerable amount.

2. kenny

kenny Starter

I know everyone wants to build through the draft & really that is the only way to build a consistently good team. However, when you are a team like TN with so many holes that is when it is a good idea to invest heavy in FA.....IF you do it wisely. Structure the deals where non-performance or off field issues negate guaranteed $$.

If we want a turn around in the next 5yrs or sooner we have to land some difference makers in FA. This is the year to do it as well. This FA group actually has some young players that are still going to be good. It is a rare thing these days to see proven guys get to FA. I just hope Webster realizes he is going to have to open those rusty purse strings & POUNCE early to get guys that can/will make a difference.

I really want D-Mac. I am realistic enough to know Suh is not coming to TN. Really it is probably for the best. Our scheme would not be a real match for him. As much $$ as he WILL get paid it does not make sense. Course if we did land him I would ne excited & hope they are smart enough to make it work. Players like Suh never hit the market. I see him getting pd like Big Al or even more.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Looks like Frank Gore & Byron Maxwell to Philly. Julius Thomas to Jags.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The believer in me hopes we get McCourty and a couple other signings hopefully at WR and OLB. The realist is starting to think Steeler leftovers and the typical low risk/low reward project signings.

But Free Agency hasn't officially started yet so I'm trying to hold back on these fears.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'm currently hoping like hell we go hard at Mccourty. 12 mil a year for a top safety to play with his brother. Just kick griff to the curb.

4 year 45 mill. 16 and 12 in the first two years. 25mil guaranteed. He would do it.

Outside Him, iupati would be another nice signing to put on our line. Would leave C/RT areas of need.

Outside that, worlids is iffy imo, if rather have Harrison for a year and draft An edge rusher in the second.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Devin McCourty - New England Patriots - 2015 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Gotta love what Rotoworld says...

The Nashville Tennessean reports the Titans have "reached out" to free agent FS Devin McCourty.
    The Titans wouldn't normally be in the discussion for McCourty, but offer Devin the opportunity to play alongside his brother, Jason. It's still an unlikely pairing. The Titans are miles from contention, and Devin appears poised to draw myriad huge offers elsewhere.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Probably just saying that because we're the Titans.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

"Stand in line, Tennessee Titans and wait your turn"

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That would mean we will have paid the McCourty family over $100 million dollars. We might as well set up a trust for Devin and Jason's kids. Just make it a familial thing. Promise to draft them in 20 years.

10. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar