Which is a better team - 2004 Titans or 2005 Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Dec 23, 2005.

?
  1. 2004 Titans

45.5%
  2. 2005 Titans

36.4%
  3. It's a wash.

18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

We've got 2 games to go and we currently have 4 wins.

Last year we had the same record at this stage and won our last game to end with 5 wins.

So out of two ordinary football teams, have we gone forwards or backwards?

2. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

2005 without a doubt. There's really no contest if you ask me. Last year we had rookies and guys who were ST's and third on the depth chart starting. We're still young in alot of spots, but still have people who should be playing, playing. Whether some of those who are in those positions should still be here, that's another question.

3. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

I do think this year's team is better, but it could just be a matter of my own perceptions. Last year there was a feeling of hoplessness with all the injuries. After a while, I just couldn't see how that team could win a game. Of course, take away the injuries, and I'm sure last year's team would have been much superior to this one.

The only suprising thing to me about this year's team is that it hasn't improved as much as I thought it would the second half of the season. The offense did show signs of waking up last week, which makes me really anxious to see how it performs Saturday against a tough Miami defense.

4. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I think the offense has come alive somewhat, I'm not worried about them. I am, however, worried about a repeat of last week - offense keeps us in the game and the defense lets us down by not holding up. The Titans team of this year has been a tale of two teams. One whose Defense gave them chances (Rams game is a good example) and one where the Offense put them in position, but the Defense didn't prevail.

5. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

this team... though i kinda hope we dont get that 5th win.

hard being a fan and cheering against your team but the higher the pick the better...

6. Depends on how you look at it. Last year's team certainly had more talent. They just had way too many injuries. They struggled early, played well in the middle of the year, and then the bottom dropped out because of injuries. We have been relatively healthy this year but just haven't had any consistency at all.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

If this year's team was as banged up as last year's, we'd be in the Reggie Bush hunt....hell we may have already been declared the winners :lol:

8. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

technically i guess we still are in the hunt....
    just reallllllly far behind ... no bullets and only a pocket knife

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

if both teams are healthy then last years by a mile - Mase, Rolle, Carter, Schulters, McNair etc.

but based on play of this year and last year (injuries included) then this year.

10. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I see it as this. Last year we got a measly 5 wins with a team that should have been better, and they were getting cut. This year they've all been cut, and we're re-building and we could end up with 6 wins. Forward progress, even if we end with 4 wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar