Which LBs would you like and where?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Since I figure this is going to be a concentrated position, possibly taking two in the draft, I thought I'd ask - who would you take and where? I know who we have echoed the most, but I wanted to see if anyone has adjusted their LB thinking yet. Here's my short list of possibles:

Ernie Sims, FSU
    D'Qwell Jackson, Maryland
    Abdul Hodge, Iowa
    Thomas Howard, UTEP
    Manny Lawson, N.C.State
    DeMeco Ryans, Alabama

Rocky McIntosh, Miami
    Terna Nande, Miami, OH
    Omar Gaither, UT
    Kevin Simon, UT
    Kai Parham, VA Tech
    Gerris Wilkerson, GA Tech

Let me say, if Manny Lawson could hold up in a 4-3 scheme and slipped to our spot in the 2nd, I'd take him over any other LB. I have a feeling Parcells is thinking hard about him in the first.

That being said, I know we almost to a man consider D'Qwell or Abdul worth the second, but I wonder if DeMeco might slip there, and if so, is he the guy?

Ernie Sims, a little short, needs some learning still, but undeniably talented. Is he a fit for us? I know he could go higher, and I'll throw Thomas Howard here, because I wonder if he should go this high. I like his speed and size, though.

The other guys I'd consider on day two, though some of these guys could be day one picks, I'm sure.

What are the chances we'll draft a third Rocky? I hear Rocky is very good when healthy. Maybe our first pick on day two?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Manny Lawson
    D'Qwell Jackson
    Thomas Howard
    Kevin Simon
    Omar Gaither

in that order

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Chad Greenway has been very unimpressive in workouts so far. With any luck, he will slip to our spot or close enough where we can trade up a few picks to get him.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

If there are no trades, and we don't take a LB at #3 (which I doubt, but would like Hawk), I'd take about any of those guys as an upgrade :p

If Ryans or Greenway fell to us, that'd be marvelous. I think it's more likely we could get Jackson or Hodge. Howard just never impressed me as much as the other guys, but he or Rocky may be good for a 3rd rounder...that we don't have :-/

Simon and Gaither put up some bad #'s. Maybe Simon isn't fully healthy still. Maybe Gaither tried to add some weight and slowed down. I guess they're both more like 5-7th rounders now.

5. Tonye209

Tonye209 209 Cali

I say take Manny Lawson or
    D'Qwell Jackson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar