Which new coaching hire did you want for the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jan 18, 2013.

?
  1. Chip Kelly - Eagles

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. Bruce Arians - Cardinals

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. Gus Bradley - Jags

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  4. Rob Chudzinski - Browns

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. Marc Trestman - Bears

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  6. Doug Marrone - Bills

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  7. Andy Reid - Chiefs

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  8. Mike McCoy - Chargers

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Since there is massive disdain for Munch, I now have several questions for everyone. Even those that are turning in their fan card aka the fake fans and even those that are whining about how they aren't going to spend money on the team and how that is directly going to bring massive change :)rolleyes:) .... ok everyone but DBC cause no one cares about him or his opinion.

So which of these 8 coaching hires would you have wanted for the Titans and why? Which of these coaches will win a Superbowl?

Since many said there would be no good coaches available in 2014, IF you said that, do you still believe it considering Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher (who said he would get back into coaching at some point), Brian Kelly, Nick Saban, among others will be available?

You can make multiple choices. If you vote for everyone consider that there is no chance we would fire a coach after 1 season, so if you are saying "anyone but munch" then you are eliminating coaches available next year.

2. Alex1939

Personally I voted for Chip Kelly. I don't know if he will be successful but I would've found that experiment very interesting to watch for our team.

Maybe I am showing some ignorance here, but the Marc Trestman hire baffled me the most. I really don't know much about the guy but that was a shocker for me that Chicago would hire a guy with only CFL head coaching experience and that bounced around many NFL teams as OC and or QB coach.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If I had to pick one, I'd pick Mike McCoy. He'd be amazing for Locker and his development, hopefully. Just look at a player he turned Kyle Orton into? He's a successful OC.

My #1 would of still been Ray Horton. I'm hoping we get him next year still.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I actually didn't want any of those guys.

The man I was hoping for was Lovie Smith or Ray Horton

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Tim Brown laughed at that hiring.

6. Alex1939

The poll is multiple choice.

For anyone that didn't realize.

And who cares what Tim Brown laughed at or that Heath Evans said Chip Kelly would be the worst hire in NFL history. I've read where he said he wouldn't try to run the same offense he did in college. Me personally, I would've been excited and on board with that hire, not so much any of the other hires.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Voted all of the above.

8. Alex1939

So you would go any of those coaches eliminating any potential hires next season? No Gruden, Cowher, Saban, Brian Kelly, Lovie Smith, Jay Gruden, etc etc etc?

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Lovie Smith!

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

But seriously, of those choices, I would have wanted Andy Reid the most. Not sure how much power he ended up getting from KC, but I certainly wouldn't want to give him full reign like he had in Philly. I think the guy's a hell of a coach, but he needs to stick to that.

Trying to spin a positive from not getting rid of Munch, the only thing I can think of is that there shouldn't be as much competition for the top candidates next year. There were A LOT of firings this year. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but it sure seemed like more than usual. So you gotta think most/all of those teams won't be looking for another HC next year. And then take out the organizations that are actually smart and already have quality guys. We may actually end up looking like a desirable landing spot after 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar