Which new coaching hire did you want for the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jan 18, 2013.

?
  1. Chip Kelly - Eagles

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. Bruce Arians - Cardinals

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. Gus Bradley - Jags

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  4. Rob Chudzinski - Browns

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. Marc Trestman - Bears

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  6. Doug Marrone - Bills

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  7. Andy Reid - Chiefs

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  8. Mike McCoy - Chargers

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I wear silicone butt pads cause it makes the ladies scream.

2. Alex1939

So what has Mike McCoy done to warrant excitement over him being a Head Coach? One year padding credentials thanks to Peyton?

Broncos 2010 4-12
    Broncos 2011 8-8

Big whoop. And a bunch of non coordinator seasons in the NFL.

So he's barely more qualified than Munch when Munch got the job right? And THIS is who you want as a replacement???

3. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

After Munch is let go, he won't be anything more than an O-line coach with the Rams. He wouldn't even be considered for anything more than that. He's not capable of being an OC, much less a HC. And you want to say that he was barely more qualified than Munch? When Munch makes Tim Tebow a capable, playoff winning QB, then maybe, just maybe what you are saying wouldn't sound so asinine. You are not living in reality, you are immersed in your safe two tone blue bubble.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

So your premise is that Tim Tebow was a good QB?

oooooooooooooooooookay

5. Alex1939

That's like saying all 6 of our wins this past season we should give full credit to our defense.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I thought Mike McCoy did a great job of installing an offense for Tim Tebow mid-season.

7. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

My premise was that McCoy knows what he's doing. He made a below average QB capable. If he could do that with Tebow, and he obviously was successful with Manning, then I think it's safe to say that he just might be a bit more qualified than Munch. Again, Munch, after he is let go, will never be a Coordinator, much less a HC in this league. There is a reason why we are stuck with the coaching staff that we currently have. Most of those guys that were viable replacements know who munch is, they've played against him......they're not going to coach under him.

8. Alex1939

I said he was barely more qualified than Munch and that has your panties in a bunch?

He was a coordinator for 3 years, that is his added experience over Munch. 1 of those years they had a worse record than us. The 2nd of those years they were 8-8 (a worse year than Munch's first year as HC) and their success was because of the D, not Teblow. So are you going to tell me he made Peyton a good QB and that's why he's a good coordinator.

So basically his 8-8 season with Teblow is why he was a good candidate for head coach of the Titans???

Glad that works for you but that just doesn't excite me.

Anyone else have a good reason why they want McCoy as HC? Jake Delhomme and the Panthers?

9. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

You still don't get it. Munchak could not and never will be a Coordinator. That alone makes McCoy vastly more qualified. Nevermind the fact that he was a very good OC, who had success with Tebow, something most probably couldn't do. Munchak is not able to be an OC. I think that may hurt his "qualification" for being a HC, among those in the league.

Had Munchak ever been interviewed for a HC position outside of the organization? Why not? If they are nearly on the same level of qualification, why hadn't Munch been interviewed? When Munch is released, how much consideration will he get as anything other than a O-line coach? None.

10. amy

amy Starter

Why engage in this sort of thing? Who knows what next year will bring? None of those coaches may make any impression and Munchak may be awesome. Better to deal with the now and leave yesterday to die and tomorrow to be born.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar