Which new coaching hire did you want for the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jan 18, 2013.

?
  1. Chip Kelly - Eagles

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. Bruce Arians - Cardinals

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. Gus Bradley - Jags

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  4. Rob Chudzinski - Browns

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. Marc Trestman - Bears

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  6. Doug Marrone - Bills

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  7. Andy Reid - Chiefs

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  8. Mike McCoy - Chargers

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I really just wanted to see which coaches that were hired this year that people strongly prefer to Munch. Since you know everyone is having a fit at Munch having one more year to prove himself.

It appears no one can really give reasons outside of "munch sucks, bud needs to die durrrrrrrrrr"

As I stated, the only hire that would've really excited me here is Chip Kelly. Outside of him I'm content with one more year of Munch and the pool of HC candidates available for 2014. There are several available that I would rather have then the new 2013 coaches for other teams.

2. Alex1939

So you are upset that I said barely more qualified.

If I had said slightly or marginally would that be better for you? Do you really think 3 years (one poor, one good but that is Manning not the OC, and one where the team was 8-8 based on the defense) is a vast amount of more experience?

3. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

No, you still don't get it. Munchack has ZERO experience as anything but an Offinsive Line coach. How many O-line coaches have transitioned straight to HC? Why has the overriding trend in the NFL been to hire succesful coordinators, or those with Head Coaching experience? There must be a reason. Mike Tomlin is the exception; The Bucs took a chance on Raheem Morris, but he failed.

If you would have said vastly, then you would have been correct. And why do you automatically discredit McCoy for the job he did when Peyton Manning was there? Is it possible that part of the reason Manning went to Denver was because of McCoy being the OC?

4. Alex1939

I'm aware that Munch was never a coordinator.

Meh.

However any of us look at it, 3 years as OC is not a vast amount of experience.

Not in my opinion. Manning has been successful everywhere and is often justly referred to as a QB/OC.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well, it's not as if Munch being complete garbage isn't a very legitimate reason.

Amy's right in that no one knows what next year brings though. But I think deep down everyone knows it's not gonna be pretty.

6. Alex1939

It's where I would put my money now, but free agency and the draft could change that. As well as a healthy team next season.

7. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Compared to zero years as OC, it is. The difference in ability to successfully call a game versus the ability to not call a game is quite vast.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

All of these guys are better hires than Munch.

I love how all other teams are making quality hires and building good coaching staffs or at least attempting to improve while we sit back and do nothing.

Take the Browns for example. They hired Chudzinski, Turner, and Horton. They're going to be A LOT better next year because of these changes.

Can't believe Horton didn't get a HC job... but the fact that we could've hired him instead of keeping Gray... Unbelievable. But I guess that's Munch just being smart and not wanting someone better than him working beneath him that will take his job.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

So I did vote for all of them, but there are two on that list who I would not want....

Marrone and Trestman. If I haven't heard of you, there's a good chance you suck.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Alex1939

And you would rather have any of the other coaches instead of the coaches that are still available for 2014?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar