Which QB do we draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Sabomnim, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

watch him any second half. Wasn't much of a problem last year since we demolished everyone until the national title game. This year he's lost 2 wrs, 3 rbs, and the defense isn't as good so he's had to work for his crablegs.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Winston has been money in the second half.

Game-winning drive against Auburn last year when he was totally average most of the game. Trailing at halftime against NC State this year. Puts up 35 in the second half. Trailing at halftime against ND. Puts up 21 in the second half(15/16 passing). The team is reeling against Ok State late and he runs for a 28-yard TD.

Say what you want about the guy, but outside of the miracle against Clemson it has been the Jameis Winston Show to stay alive this season.

3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

My only red flag with Winston is his off the field issues. To be honest I havent looked at him at all, yet. I have only looked at the duck and I want no part of him.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I haven't watched Winston outside of being a fan yet, but there are things I've observed that I like and don't like.

I don't like his footwork sometimes. I don't like that FSU has had to burn a timeout in just about every game this season because he's lost track of the play clock. I think a defense can frustrate him sometimes and he tries to force a play that isn't there when he gets frustrated(Oklahoma State before halftime).

Accuracy(although he misses high sometimes), arm strength, command of the offense at the LOS, leadership, playing under center and in the shotgun and the ability to make the winning play consistently are things I do like.

#54 Fry, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

As a player Winston is a bonafide #1 pick. He has all the tools and is a fierce competitor and winner. A comparable prospect to Cam Newton in 2011 though a bit different. Cam was a spread QB and a big time runner. Some GMs might like Winston even better because of the system he plays in.

As far as rules violations like selling his autograph, and we all know he didn't just give that away that is minor and totally legal as a pro. These other things are significant but if a GM looks past that he will be the top pick in the draft. He would have to be a total moron in interviews and on the wonderlic to not be the top pick.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well Im glad the Titans took down the tarpkitties on that blocked FGA otherwise Tennessee would be in the running for that scumbag idiot loser

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

have you seen the teams in the running? we have just as much of a shot as anyone else.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Last time I checked, rape was a serious crime! But more importantly in a football context, an allegation of a serious crime plus someone trying to circumvent the rules (or not caring) is not someone you probably want to hand tens of millions of dollars and make the face of your franchise!!! If Rice pushing his fiance in the face cost him his season, what do you think Rape is gonna do to a career? You think an organization wants a rapist as the face of their franchise? Not saying he is one, but that's a huge red flag!

And he does make some very dumb decisions ON THE field as well. Just re-watched him in the Notre Dame game where he got pressured and while backpedaling, threw the ball up for grabs down the middle of the field...late. Can you say INT? And he gets away with a lot more throws he completes in college that would be INT's in the NFL. He's an excellent college QB but his decision making on and off the field sometimes leaves you scrathing your head. At other times, he looks unflappable and seems to always know where to go with the football.

I don't want Winston as our QB. When we take chances on these kinds of guys, it seems to usually blow up in our faces (VY, Pacman, etc).

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Agreed except didn't Ponder have a very good junior season? I think he had a good junior year but a bleh sr season if I remember correctly.

But yes, Winston is better, but he makes some bonehead decisions too...on and off the field:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar