Which QB gives us the best chance to win in 09?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 13, 2009.

?
  1. Vince Young

20.5%
  2. Kerry Collins

69.2%
  3. Chris Simms

2.6%
  4. FA - KItna etc.

5.1%
  5. Gary Hogeboom

2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Our championship window is clearly open. Who do you want running the offense in 09?
    Vince?
    Collins?
    Simms?
    FA - Kitna etc?

2. DirtySouthBoyz

DirtySouthBoyz Luv da' Rock

I pick VY... Next season is a lot harder,, Need a versital QB...

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If by 'versatile' you mean one-dimensional, and if by one-dimensional you mean easy to shut down, then I completely agree with you. This team needs a mistake prone guy with zero accuracy and no ability to read defenses.

See ya Haynesworth. Goodbye any possible free agent receiver (doubtful anyways, but definitely not if their QB is VY), adios division title and best record in football.

A friend of mine just pointed this out, but it seems to be a very interesting correlation - why do a majority of VY lovers use a lot of apostrophes to shorten words like "fo' da' comeback" or just simply have trouble spelling in general. Not a big deal, I'm no nitpicker, but this is a bit intriguing to me.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. imbread

imbread Starter

vy is a great player.. as qb he might make some great plays but his bad ones will out wiegh them... i really miss mcnair.. i thought he was the perfect blend with running and passing.. btw it would be nice to see him on the field with cj though, might take alot off his shoulders.. my vote is for kc, notice i didnt put kfc, he earn my respect this year..

5. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

Kerry Collins is awesome I love that guy

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Kerry Collins...
    But I picked Simms.
    Just to be different.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Easy, the same guy who helped us win in 08. Remember, like Fisher said, Kerry is our QB as long as were winning. I have yet to see us start losing games because of Collins.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I voted for FA, and I would love to see a guy like Kitna come in. I like Collins, just not sure he's the answer. He seemed pretty rattled at times against Baltimore, though I thought he made or attempted a number of good heads up plays (the quick out to White with Scott all over him rings a bell, even though White dropped the ball - What else is new???). Imagine Kitna behind our line, and with a playmaker like Chris Johnson behind him. I'm not saying it's going to happen, simply suggesting that would be ideal for us to get over the hump. In all reality, I think we will re-sign Collins, and possibly sign someone like Ramsey, who will unfortunately battle Simms for the number three spot. Unfortunate because I doubt the Titans are ready to cut ties with Young. I would absolutely love for Young to prove me wrong, but I just don't see him having a good end here.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I never thought I would ever hear someone overrate Jon Kitna.

Here's why Kitna sucks. Behind basically the same line that Palmer took the Bengals to the playoffs with and with (at the time) was the best wide receiver trio in the league Kitna did jack and ****. Can we forget about old man Kitna?

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Only Kitna because he's had some impressive games in the last couple years, and his name happened to be mentioned in the poll answer. Basically, I think we might be better off with a free agent over Collins. Besides, why do we forget about old man Kitna, and not about old man Collins??? I'm not saying to forget about Collins, just simply to consider the options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar