Which Rookie Receiver Do You Prefer?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Spinnaker, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Dwayne Bowe for me, reminds me of Hines Ward.

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Bowe because im not 100% sure ginn jr is going to be the same with tthat leg injury.

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

yeah, I realized that after I posted :gag: it was 1:20 am, I think I can have a few mental lapses that late

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

if only ginn could play both sides of the ball......

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

He can do anything. He can throw the ball 100 yards on his knees while drinking tea

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Throwing footballs and drinking tea at the same time is imposible. Ask a scientist.

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I disagree. Were Moss, Harrison, Sterling Sharpe, etc risks?

Jason Hill is another Josh Reed waiting to happen. No thanks

May turn into Wayne Chrebet, but I doubt it. AG is a very high risk player. Is Matt Jones an All-Pro now? He's better than AG, so would you spend a 1st on AG? Trust me, and you can ask Jones, NFL OLB and CBs are not like OLB abd CB from Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, etc...

Ever hear of Courtney Roby, Roydell Williams, Jonathan Orr? Same type of player, we got 3-4 already. Only guy I'd go for later on is Breaston, and I'd use him strictly as a PR/KR

Could be, but measurements don't make an NFL star. Ask Larry Brackins or David Terrell...

My pick at 19 now has gotta be Ginn. Very good hands, suepr fast, and a kick returner. Could have the same impact on the league as a rookie as former OSU WR Joey Galloway had...

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Sledge- If you do your history you will find a bunch more busts than hits on WR in the 1st rnd. Pulling out a few names of guys who hit doesn't make taking a WR in the 1st any less risky.

I wasn't saying that Hill or AG should be 1st rnders. I think they are solid 2nd rnders. If we could get a guy as productive as Chrebet in the 2nd rnd then I'd take it. He was quite a bit better than our last 2 2nd rnd picks in Calico and Kent.

Yeah, I've heard of Roby, Williams, and Orr. All of them should have to fight for the roster spots this yr.

I was just listing some 2nd day guys that I think are going to do well. I wasn't saying that we should draft them all.

And of course measurements whether good or bad don't make a player. I just think that Dallas Baker is an intriguing prospect because of his size, very quick 3-cone drill and extra long arms. His 40 time has dropped him, but I think he will produce at the next level. JMO

Ginn is a returner that can stretch the field on offensive. I don't draft ST players in the 1st rnd. Go look at all of Ginn's YouTube videos and count how many highlights are returns vs. real offensive plays. When a guy has more highlights as a returner than as a receiver then he is a returner 1st and receiver 2nd in my book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar